X

mesh mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh mod

Can anyone give me a link or tell me the process of doing a mesh mod on a 06 750?

Originally posted by williamgaby View Post
    Can anyone give me a link or tell me the process of doing a mesh mod on a 06 750?
    This is the best thread on the subject that I can recall. JaxKat did a great write-up.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

go to the exhaust&mod shop lots of helpful information
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
        This is the best thread on the subject that I can recall. JaxKat did a great write-up.
        Were you refering to this thread of my fiasco Chinto?
        Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
        From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
        Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

That was a fun one, thanks. All the blood and all.

This is one part that I never could get answered in the original post. Maybe you can williamgaby.

One of the MANY problems that I ran into, was not remembering where each of the three pairs of small bolts went... Had two small bolts with rubber washers, two small bolts with steel washers, & two small bolts with no washers... Hmmmm... where do they go?

I put the rubber washered ones in the Third Eye panel ... The Steel washered bolts in the Windscreen rubber gromits that seem to just turn rather than tighten ... & The empty bolts up under the headlights in the Kat's chin . Speaking of the chin... is there an easier way to remove those dang push pins under the chin . Hurt the Heck out of my fingers. That's Tight as Heck.

Oh yeah ... did I mention that I got it all put together ... Just after pushing those Pushpins to lock them in ... I saw the TURNSIGNAL WIRES HANGING there . UUUGGGHHH!!!! Had to remove the whole left side but was able to reach the right side while the fairing was still installed . Thank God!
        Last edited by JaxKat; 03-08-2008, 01:53 AM.
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

OPINION NEEDED:
          First of all I think JaxKat did an awesome job (although I hate the Steelers). Obviosuly my bike is blue/white, The opinion I need is; should I paint the mesh black, blue or white? I was thinking black only because it would be easier to keep clean. Then again, white would bring the "white" out in the bike.......Thoughts??
          Last edited by Sandman; 03-12-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I agree, white would look nice. Good thing is if you go white first you can change to black easier..

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat View Post
              Were you refering to this thread of my fiasco Chinto?
              Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
              From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
              Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

That was a fun one, thanks. All the blood and all.
              yeah thats it. Sorry...I thought I added the link

Originally posted by JaxKat View Post
              This is one part that I never could get answered in the original post. Maybe you can williamgaby.

One of the MANY problems that I ran into, was not remembering where each of the three pairs of small bolts went... Had two small bolts with rubber washers, two small bolts with steel washers, & two small bolts with no washers... Hmmmm... where do they go?
              Don't have a post, so I am not familiar with all of the bolts, but did you ever read Sasquatch's write-up? It may be answered in here.

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
              mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
              Last edited by chinto; 03-12-2008, 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by santiago27 View Post
                OPINION NEEDED:
                First of all I think JaxKat did an awesome job (although I hate the Steelers). Obviosuly my bike is blue/white, The opinion I need is; should I paint the mesh black, blue or white? I was thinking black only because it would be easier to keep clean. Then again, white would bring the "white" out in the bike.......Thoughts??
                Thats fine, you can hate... anyway ...
                Thank you. I think WHITE would just POP out from your blue Kat. That would look hot.

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                yeah thats it. Sorry...I thought I added the link

Don't have a post, so I am not familiar with all of the bolts, but did you ever read Sasquatch's write-up? It may be answered in here.

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...light=fairings
                Thanks Chinto.
                I was able to find all but the (2) extra steel washers for either the top windscreen or up under the Kats chin. I still don't know.
                Last edited by JaxKat; 03-12-2008, 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php

Comment

Well..what do you think about the white mesh?

Comment

Perfect job. She looks real good.

Comment

looks Great! I tried painting some mesh, but realized the paint chipped easily. I have powder coated some mesh for test purposes, and its great..flexible, wont chip off.
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I just did this mod along with my HID mod. It is simple to do in reality, but you do need to pay attention to detail - make sure you follow the lines of the opening, and have the mesh pattern follow along with it:

And as far as those stupid knuckle busting dumb as a democrat Taliban built push-pin bolt things... Throw the damn things away, and use a couple of zip-ties!!!
                        Originally posted by Nero
                        "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                        SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                        X