X
X

CyberPoet's Q & A for Newbies *MUST READ*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread answered every thing i wanted to know about the kat i got last week. thanks

Comment

My Kat 2005 manual mention that it should run on 91 octane or higher... and 87 in some other countries!!??!!

Not sure why... maybe a diffrent compression ratio on some kats?

Comment

I clarified the answers to your questions in the main post at the start of this thread. In simplest terms: in all 1st world countries, the lowest pump octane number for sale will run in the Kat without problems; the difference is due to how octane ratings are expressed in different countries.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Awesome post thankd for all the information!!

Comment

Re: CyberPoet's Q & A for Newbies *MUST READ*

Suggestions to enhance the quality this item, it is more focused on multi-lane configuration as it is written now:

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Which lane should you ride in (i.e., over hills, in town, general riding)?
            The right half of the lane furthest to the left. Why? Because this position minimizes the threat from people turning out of driveways and stores, which is the highest threat factor to you; it increases your visibility to them and physically places you the furthest possible from them, while still leaving you room to move left and helping keep you away from oncoming traffic.
            I recommend the following update:

Which portion of the lane and on which lane (if applicable) should you ride in (i.e., over hills, in town, general riding)?
            Single two way traffic streetRegular city streets)
            On the left half of your lane, aligned with the cars left wheels in front of you. This makes you ride away from the pedestrians or cars that want to cross or engage the street, parked cars's dangerous opening doors and other obstacles that will come from the sidewalk.
            This also makes you ride in the same track that the cars left wheels follow, therefore avoiding most of the dirt, sand and other junk that usually cumulate in the center and the far sides of the lane; car traffic keeps that as the cleanest part of the pavement to a point where even if they are no cars in front of you, you will still be able to visually align yourself in that track just by looking at the pavement. You will be more visible to incoming traffic as well because you will be closer to the middle of the street. This will also prevent any cars behind you to try passing you in your own lane on your left by slightly "stepping" over the center line and leaving you stuck in between them and the sidewalk and/or parked cars.

Multi-lane roads (boulevard, freeway, highway, etc...)
            The right half of the lane furthest to the left. This still places you away from the obstacles coming from the right and still make you more visible by being closer to the overall center. But this time you keep it on the right half were the right wheels of the cars are riding. This will now prevent any cars behind you to try passing you in your own lane on your right by slightly "stepping" over the line on your right and leaving you stuck in between them and the incoming traffic or the cement wall separating the highway etc...

and the last...
            Single one-way street:
            Here its better riding in the middle because their might be cars parking on both sides with their dangerous doors and/or driveways, pedestrians and whatever obstacle you can imagine popping in your face from both side.
            Since the middle of the pavement usually cumulates dirt, sand and stuff, you have to be careful and sometimes you might need to start braking even earlier than usual when getting to an intersection, breaking too hard here can result in easy loss of traction.

Cheers,
            Slamcool

Comment

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X