X
X

Hauling your bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had THAT set up....(yeah...but with the hemi)

NICE rig Greg

Comment

booyeah!!! she's a beast greg !!

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
        Can you fit two bikes in the bed of a Toyota Tacoma or is that asking for trouble?
        that seems like you are asking for trouble imho. I was never able to fit my gs750 and kat in at the same time, Given the GS is huge I still think you will be better off trailering if one of your bikes is a busa. Maybe 2 dirtbikes in the back but not 2 streetbikes.
        so I ride a Black kat,

... is that bad luck or somthing?

Comment

Originally posted by sagent
          Maybe 2 dirtbikes in the back but not 2 streetbikes.
          You can put two dirtbikes in the back of any truck aparently.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            Make also if u do buy new tie down straps, to get the ratchet type of straps and get the highest test strength you can. I was going to go w/ 600lb test but thought better of it and went for the 1000lb test instead just to be safe.
            i never liked the ratching type it's hard to pull the suspension down.

Comment

sit on the bike and have someone else tighten them. I like the uhaul box truck idea myself
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by the wind
                Originally posted by WildKat
                Make also if u do buy new tie down straps, to get the ratchet type of straps and get the highest test strength you can. I was going to go w/ 600lb test but thought better of it and went for the 1000lb test instead just to be safe.
                i never liked the ratching type it's hard to pull the suspension down.
                Ive found it much easier with them actually..just a few simple ratchet clicks and she's all set. But as long as you've got it secure w/ some type of straps, thats the bottom line

Comment

you mean to tell me that sitting the bike against the side of the truck with a pillow doesn't work?
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

when is this i m thinking of going it will be a trip for me from indiana??
                    where csn i get all the stuff i need for my katana!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by travisjulian
                      when is this i m thinking of going it will be a trip for me from indiana??

The owner braadajim will be coming down from that way.. its not that bad of a journey.

Comment

And we're on the way ! We were supposed to MEET Jim last year , but he got lost on the way to Lexington .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Alright I got the time off from work and will be there. I am trying to save the 500-600 it will cost me to get a trailer and a hitch for my town & country 1998. I am considering putting my kat inside looks like it will fit no problem. I would be strapping it down to the seat anchors. Any feedback on this if anyone has done it or if I should not do it Why not??
                          Thanks
                          Garry

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            And we're on the way ! We were supposed to MEET Jim last year , but he got lost on the way to Lexington .
                            I think it had something to do with that monsoon he rode through on the way down

Comment

Do ya think a kat 750 and bandit 1200 would fit in my Ford Ranger? I know id have to leave talegate down, and I am very close to weight limit, but i wonder if there is room...
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                                Do ya think a kat 750 and bandit 1200 would fit in my Ford Ranger? I know id have to leave talegate down, and I am very close to weight limit, but i wonder if there is room...
                                I am thinking that would be a prity tight squeeze..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                                X