X

wrapped my bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrapped my bike!

i just wraped it a diffrent color blue, i would have chose black butt the vinyl was free. the color actually looks alot better than i thought it would.i had to peice in the hole for the petcock switch and the knee dips on the tank, besides that is all done in one peice. looks just like paint. i dont know what color to wrap the white peices, if i were to wrap them in blue too the bike would just be to plain. any suggestions?
    Attached Files

silver or almost any shade of grey would look good against that.
    sigpic

Comment

Or black. I really like the results so far.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

thanks alot, black or silver would look good.

Comment

Never seen anything like that before... What are the benefits?

To be honest I clicked on this link because thought you wrapped your bike around a tree!

Comment

hah yes i thought you had wrecked also! I am going to be painting my bike sometime in the future and dreading the process ( will be my first auto painting experience).Where do i get this stuff and how hard is this to do? it looks great in the pictures. This seems like a good alternative to painting.

Comment

I would think a hair dryer to heat it for some stretch and shrinking it then slow patient work to get it smooth without wrinkles or over stretches.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I thought you crashed too. It looks great. I would think that would be a PITA, but I've got the patience of a 2 year old.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

no i havent wrecked it yet lol butt yeah this is what i do for a living and it was a pita the only thing i can compare it to is an indy car as far as difficulty installing it. if you have good paint to start with this really is a perfect solution. it protects the paint under the wrap and if i get tired of it i can pull it off and still have my good original paint under the wrap.
                  Last edited by My96coupe; 02-06-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

where did you order the vinyl?

Comment

Originally posted by roe1880 View Post
                      where did you order the vinyl?

re-read, "free" "what I do for a living"
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks amazing, never even heard of this before. I second black as the complimenting color.
                        "Don't steal, the government hates competition."
                        "The greatest threat to religion is a man thinking for himself."
                        "You could think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to stop thinking."

Comment

I was talking to a guy about this a few weeks ago. He has a window tinting business and is expanding into vinyl wrapping on both cars and bikes. He had a carbon fibre look that would be awesome. But if you are paying for the wrap and the wrapping it gets really expensive. Nice if the product and your time are free.

Comment

You realy the word "but" only has one T right? "BUTT" is your rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                              You realise the word "but" only has one T right? "BUTT" is your rear end.
                              FIFY!

If you're gunna get sarcastic and cynical on someone's spelling, it's always good to get it right yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X