X

Wind Blown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Blown

I ride my '01 750 Katana (which I purchased about a year ago) about 80mi to work and back every day. I get blown around sometimes pretty good when it gets a little windy. I didn't think too much about it until I went for a ride with a few other guys and the wind wasn't bothering them at all.
    Is this a symptom of the bike or my gear? I have a Tourmaster mesh jacket, light leather gloves and boots. All fit snug along with my helmet.

Thanks

Originally posted by TRG View Post
    I ride my '01 750 Katana (which I purchased about a year ago) about 80mi to work and back every day. I get blown around sometimes pretty good when it gets a little windy. I didn't think too much about it until I went for a ride with a few other guys and the wind wasn't bothering them at all.
    Is this a symptom of the bike or my gear? I have a Tourmaster mesh jacket, light leather gloves and boots. All fit snug along with my helmet.

Thanks

Relax... your overly tense, and exagerating any wind effect yourself.

Loosen your grips, loose then muscles, and relax... things will be alot better.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That blows.
      Tejasandre

Comment

Originally posted by tejasandre View Post
        That blows.
        Pun intended!

Comment

I agree with the comments about relaxing the body more. Its like when you first start riding at highway speeds and the wind seems intense, but then as you get used to it and relax you don't even notice it and it no longer has an effect on you.
          Currently in the driveway:

02 Ducati 748 Monoposto: Yellow & White
          99 Suzuki Katana 600: Red (Sold to brother but holding at the house)

Comment

Also might look into a more aerodynamic helmet. The head buffeting could be amplifying your perception of getting beat by the wind.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

how is your windscreen vs theirs? If you are doing a lot of hwy riding a touring screen could be what you need. It will push air up higher and may not move your head around as much, which makes you think there is more wind sheer
              ROLL TIDE!

Comment

Relax, don't worry, things are gonna get better.
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

how is your sitting position ? it helps to relax as they all said before me. but also try to tuck into the bike a little. how are your arms ? you should have around 90-110 ish degrees or a bit more on your elbows. that should get you close to the tank and chest down.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by abailey362 View Post
                    how is your windscreen vs theirs? If you are doing a lot of hwy riding a touring screen could be what you need. It will push air up higher and may not move your head around as much, which makes you think there is more wind sheer

Thanks for the recommendations. Any suggestions on a good touring windscreen, low profile helmet and the best place to get them? I have a cheap Chinese windscreen which may be part of the problem. I've almost gotten blown off the road a few times in heavy winds - quite un-nerving.

Comment

the zero gravity touring might be a good start. can be found here from one of the forum sponsers.
                      SCR MOTORCYCLES KATANA PRODUCTS. Reasr sets, sprockets, cowls, sliders, brake lines, clutch kits, gas caps.
                      ROLL TIDE!

Comment

I live in Wyoming, when the wind stops blowing we actually start to wonder what's wrong. The wind can't hurt you unless YOU let it. Just relax, keep a firm, handshake grip on the bars (not a death grip) and make slight adjustments and you will be alright.
                        sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

TRG, I to have just purchased my 05 750. I have noticed the "wind' but i was nervous about it and read on another thread on here about it being Nerves and just relax. I did and it does not bother me.

Comment

Working...
                          X