X

i was not meant to have a motorcycle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was not meant to have a motorcycle

a few montsh ago i got a sliver of metal in my back tire...DAMNIT...so it sat for 3weeks while it rained...finally i decided to patch it myself cause i didnt have the money to replace. SO!!!! i wheeled my bike out of garage today, cause im welding in there, and notice it is hard to push. Im thinking , hmm plug didnt hold. So i roll tire back..and GODDAMNIT!!!!!!! i found a ANOTHER SCREW IN MY TIRE...DEAD CENTER. The plug held just great but now this...STUPID FRIGGIN...MOTHER....ASS....ARRRRRRRRRRRRG!!!
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

yeah man you need a new back tire. That sucks. What size tire is it? I have some extra tires, but I don't know if they would fit on anything other than my Datana.
    TiM

Comment

flat tires SUCK. but you have better luck than i.

Comment

Been there done that. It sucks but it hapens.
        Had a M1 with about 700 miles on it when I got a nail in it, So I bought a new Diablo whitch went about 3000 miles and got a screw in it.. So yeh I feel you pain on this one.

Here is the Diablo right before I took it off.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yep dude, most definately sucks all kinds of arse ! but with 2 holes in that rear tire, I would seriously consider replacing it...its not something you wanna mess around with. It may seem like some bad luck for ya, but we've all gone through it, it'll pass.

Comment

Be thankful you got the flat while it was sitting in the garage instead of flying down the highway at 60mph.

Change the tire. Don't take any chances.

Comment

its a 160/60 ..im going to buy another metzeler z6 ..i like how the handle.
              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

great tire my fav. some times luck runs bad, just hope its not too bad. better to find it safely than finding out on the road! Change the tire go for a nice ride and let bygones be bygones.
                Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

And SWEEP OUT YOUR GARAGE !!!! Sorry , I had to do it .
                  Yeah , at "our" garage , I found a nice sharp pointy nail underneath my friend's tire . Good thing the bike was on the stands at the time .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                    its a 160/60 ..im going to buy another metzeler z6 ..i like how the handle.
                    Try the 150/70 this time for comparison

TIP:
                    CycleGear now offers a road hazard warrantee on their tires for an extra 10% at time of purchase. I was talking to HS2020 about it not two weeks ago... here's his post on it:

Originally posted by HS2020
                    The tire warranty is 10% of the orginal tire price. It covers up to the first 25% of the tread life of the tire. After that it is prorated up to 2/32nd of inch. If you get a nail, loose tire pressure, bead comes unseated then they will replace it for free. You will have to pay for the road hazard again along with the amount to remount and balance the new tire. The warranty is voided if you use it for a track day or drag race it.
                    One NOTE we only offer the road hazard on Tubeless tires. Tires that require a tube are not included. You can read all about the warranty at www.cyclegear.com
                    Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                      Be thankful you got the flat while it was sitting in the garage instead of flying down the highway at 60mph.

Change the tire. Don't take any chances.
                      Yep take it from someone who's been there in that scenario before.. it aint a fun time to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                      X