Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Insurance Quotes (How much will I probably be paying)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Quotes (How much will I probably be paying)

Hey guys I'm 19 years old and I'm an going to be buying a 2006 Kat in April anyway I was just wondering if you guys could give me some input as to how much insurance might be. I know it depends on your location, age, driving record etc. but I just want to know a ballpark figure. I'm 19 with a clean driving record no speeding tickets, accidents etc. I live in Lancaster Pa which is a medium size city with alot of rural farm land around as well. Also which insurance companies are cheaper than others and what company would you recommend or what company do you have.. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks Again Guys--Tyler

congrats on getting a bike...you will love the kat. My suggestion...My car insurance company...Nationwide...could not insure my 1992 katana 750 because it was classified as a "performance" bike. So i went with geico. I am 22, full time college student, clear driving record, no msf course, good student, and in wv(rates have been going down for wv) and i payed around $450 for a full year of insurance with geico...just with liability, lowest price and coverage. If your car insurance company will insure your bike..you can get a multicar discount.

I would recommend going to www.geico.com and see what they quote you and you can always take it into any insurance company and say beat it not match it....you know got to have a reason to go with them.

Good luck with the bike.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

hey man! welcome to the site. i use bikeline for insurance, but i'll probably be switching to progressive soon as it isn't much more and i'm already insuring my jeep through them. i have a '90 750 with liability only, and it's 200 a year. progressive and i believe gieco motorcylce have websites where you can get a quote through them. or do a google search and shop around. good luck!

EDIT: i should note that i did take the msf course.

Long Live the D

Comment

OH yeah....WELCOME to the forum!!!!!!

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Lancaster PA, whats up ! Im in york, only a short ride away from you.

As you know, PA insurance rates are not the best in general for young drivers, let alone young riders. Becuz most companies classify the kat as a sport bike no matter how much you convince them its a sport tourer, you'll probably pay alittle more.

Im, uh 29 again , Im with progressive and pay full coverage for about 650.00 a year.

Comment

Just make some calls to some insurance companies . I got raped by Progressive , so personally I HATE them , but Geico did me pretty well .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I forget the name of my company.. Pacific something. I will get the name tonight and repost. Anyway, I got them through the dealer. I am 25, one minor accident 10 months ago, no tickets, and I pay $650 / year for comprehensive on a 2006 Kat.

Comment

Parents insurance with minimum coverage $360 a year...clean record
                Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

$350.00 a year for full coverage !!!! hey that,s what happens when your born with the right sex !!!!

No offense guys but you mostly ride like the devil is in your *****
                  Guylaine
                  Try and keep up now

Comment

Maybe because it is.
                    TiM

Comment

Working...
                    X