Heads up on insurance quotes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont understand.

Check this out.
    I pay Roughly $255/year for FULL coverage on my 98 kat 750.

I was looking into buying a 05 gsxr 750 last year and called for the qoute and about shiet. They quoted me only $10 more a year. So $265/year full coverage on a 05 gsxr 750.

Now to be curious I told them I was actually looking into 2 bikes. I asked them about a 05 zx10r and it was...........................are you ready?
    $280/year full coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even asked her if she was sure and she said yes....I couldnt believe it!!!!!
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yep as soon as the insurance company hears the word busa or ninja.. their eyes light up and the cha ching starts dancing around in their heads like a kid in a candy store.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
        Originally posted by woobie
        I'll check quotes for other bikes once and a while, it's normally pretty depressing.

Hell even a 16 year old FZR 400 is more than the Kat up here .
        Yep. Even the Rz350 is more than the kat.

Edit: Pretty much anything that ends in a Z or and R means bend over. If it's an RR it just means no lube.

It's like algebra. where a normal premium is P, age is A, and the multiplier is Z or R. The value of the multiplier is just an arbitrary number snatched out of the air. Could be 10 could be 50, Depends on the weather or wether the insurance agent is getting any.

P/A*gsxr=BO
        P/A*cbr1000rr=BONL
        This isnt true with all insurance companies! My insurance company just goes by CC's. So a zx10r will be pretty much exactly the same a FZ1. The only difference being the years of the bike, and the individual wanting insurance. If you already have everything you own insured by them they will hook you up......Also the age, marital status, etc..... For example I own a 97 honda F3, and its 204/year full, and I did own a 99 gsxr 600 for just alittle while, but it was 206/year full..
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
          This isnt true with all insurance companies! My insurance company just goes by CC's. So a zx10r will be pretty much exactly the same a FZ1. The only difference being the years of the bike, and the individual wanting insurance. If you already have everything you own insured by them they will hook you up......Also the age, marital status, etc..... For example I own a 97 honda F3, and its 204/year full, and I did own a 99 gsxr 600 for just alittle while, but it was 206/year full..

The only company up here that does that (goes by CC) is State Farm. Anything with an R or RR is blacklisted with a surcharge by any other insurance company .

Here's some "quotes"
          35, married, M2 license
          all are full coverage in Cdn $$

03 600 katana $1000
          05 650 Daytona $1143
          05 600 GSXR $2200
          05 Busa $3449
          90 FZR 400 $800 (liability only)
          95 FZR 600 $1898
          Kyle

Comment

And then when they go by the CC's and the model, you know you're really sunk

Comment

Not sure how it goes in jersey but I have a company called rider insurance and all they do is motorcycle insurance. So my 2000 kat 600 is 455 a year for liabilty only. Not bad but would be less if i was a little older.

Jay
              2000 Kat 600 only mod is the D&D that came with it more to come soon though. Crash virginity lost 11/25/05....the rebuildin comes next HAHA

Comment

I think that, if anything, these companies ought to be using power-to-weight ratios and top-speed (combined with past play-outs) factors to calculate their base rate (rider age/experience/etc is an after-factor per individual that doesn't or shouldn't affect the base rate for the group as a whole).

Any firm that sets the base rate based primarily on CC's has a poor group of statisticians and no real grasp of the motorcycle market -- obviously a 2.3 liter Triumph cruiser isn't 3.9 times more dangerous than a GSX600R... or is it and I'm just missing something?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SSMtC05
                  Not sure how it goes in jersey but I have a company called rider insurance and all they do is motorcycle insurance. So my 2000 kat 600 is 455 a year for liabilty only. Not bad but would be less if i was a little older.
                  That's a little of a high side. I have rider and pay about $300 with higher limits (which is another $150). As far as I remember, they charge somewhere in the $150 range for basic liability and another $150 to make the limits higher. The way I look at it it will cost you more than $5000 to fix a dented door in a nice Mercedes. I have 2000 Kat 600 as well in same area (South Jersey near AC)

Comment

I am 28 and pay $80 a year for liability on my 2000 750 in WV.

Comment

I pay $183/year for liability only.

26 Married 2 cars/house with Allstate
                      clean record too!
                      sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

I pay $364/year (liability only)
                        Progressive Insurance
                        1999 Katana 750

20 years old
                        Clean Record
                        M1
                        MSF Course

Comment

I'm with Geico right now. I'm 29, single and have 2 tickets on my record.

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille R
                          Full Coverage: $744/year

When I had the '98 TLR, it was $177/year for Liability and Comprehensive (no collision).

State Farm would be cheaper on my bike, but they require you to insure a car with them also and I've got a much better deal on my truck than State Farm seems willing to give me. The difference in the cost of the car insurance would negate any savings I'd have on the bike.
                          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

allstate wants $113 a month for full coverage for my 2005 kat 600. 21 years old, 3 points (one ticket), no claims. I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE INSURANCE!

Comment

when i got my first bike(suzuki marauder 800) i went to a guy and his first question was 'does it have plastics?'. i said no and he sat down willing to even bother giving me a quote. he said had it been any type of sport bike he wouldnt had even bothered to type it up knowing it was going to be out of my range.

ive dona many online quotes with progressive(the company i use and good the best rates with for the kat and my car). the bigger bikes just cost way to much to even think about it for me. its like buying the bike again every few years. im not even talking about insurance for the bike(no lean) and its still outrageous.
                              03 katanika

Comment

Gees .... Am I glad I,m a woman ... I pay 350 for my brand new Kat and don,t even have my final license yet !!!!
                                Guylaine
                                Try and keep up now

Comment

Working...
                                X