X

onto another problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onto another problem

So I had put a couple inline filters on and they seemed to be chokin my gas flow and it wanted to stall out when I went to stop. So I took em off today and the problem didn't go away I changed the vacuum line and made sure my petcock was working. My carbs r clean cause I just took them apart and put all back together cause of the busted gasket that was cloggin them up. Wut happens is I start it up then she idles high for a minute then she'll nosedive and stall. All fuel lines have been replaced and they're not blocked. Any ideas as to wut the problem is or suggestions on wut else to check any comments or advice is greatly appreciated as this is my only vehicle at the moment

When mine did that I was running lean. Way lean. Or your choke broke/didn't get reinstalled right. I forgot to hook the cable back up once. It was an hour before I figured it out.
    "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

I just tore it apart and put it all back together. I open up the bottom of each carb to check the floats and there was some crap in number 2 and no gas so I cleaned it out and reinstalled it its runnin now tryin to warm up so I can see if it will stay running without the choke. I hope that was my problem if not I'm back to the drawing boards. All the cables were hooked up right. I've taken this thing apart so many times now id have to punch myself in the ghoulies if that was the prob. It seems to be runnin alright now. I'm no expert at synching the carbs tho.

Comment

In my experience, the more I take something apart, the more likely I am to leave a cable unhooked or something. "Oh, I've done that a hundred times. I don't need to pay attention." And that's when I break it.

Glad you got it straightened out.
        "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

If it wont run without the choke you have to clean out the pilot jets in the carbs. EXACT same thing happened to me. You night not have cleaned them out as good as you should have on the last overhaul. I use fishing line and stuck it through the tiny hole.

Comment

Just no ghoulie punching. Not quite sure what that is but it sure sounds painful!
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

How do I kno if its runnin lean and how is that fixed. And good suggestion mikey I'll have to do that pretty soon need to pick up some fishing line first

Comment

carbs are still dirty. Read my post in your other thread. And put he filter back in place. I will keep any other gasket junk out of your carbs.
                '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Working...
                X