92 750 Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks good! Any updates?

Comment

• Sure, must have forgot to update this. Anyhow, I sourced another motor from a 98 Bandit 1200. Got it in and running pretty good now. Installed a wideband A/F ratio gauge to perfect the carbs. O2 sensor is right behind the oil pan

Re-wrapped the exhaust with black wrap this time

Made a polished aluminum bucket for the A/F gauge

Replaced the battery with a Shorai. Re-painted the tank and belly pan. And I believe that's all. I started building my next project, an 09 zx6r. Custom tube frame, subframe, and swingarm. So I doubt anything else will be done with this bike anytime soon, other than riding.

Couple pictures of how the bike looks

Comment

• Wow, thats some great work. Looks amazing!

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• I'm mildly curious about how accurate the wide band is going to be since it's place beyond the collector. Since the bike is carbed wouldn't one carb running rich would throw show as the motor running rich when in reality you could have several carbs running lean. I suppose it would be an average of all four cylinders but even then...really wouldn't you need a bung in each runner.
            If your bike was single carb It wouldn't matter where you put your o2, but with four I'm not sure how much i could trust it.
            Honestly this may be an non-issue, I'm coming from a few years around turbo fuel injected cars so maybe I missed the boat on this one. Innovative make a great product though, I have several friends running them on turbo VW's.
            Love what you've done with the bike though, your headlight set up is fantastic.
            Last edited by wanabusa; 04-04-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Your right, it's not as accurate as reading each cylinder individually. Where it is, I'm getting a combined reading from all 4 banks and if 1 carb is out, it will throw the reading. Space was a big factor with where I choose to place the sensor. I couldn't physically place it any father up stream, and still read all 4 banks, without clocking it below 3-9 o'clock.

The gauge is more of a temporary tuning aid to try and get a better tune than I could without it. Still reading plugs and going by how the bike responds on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                Your right, it's not as accurate as reading each cylinder individually. Where it is, I'm getting a combined reading from all 4 banks and if 1 carb is out, it will throw the reading. Space was a big factor with where I choose to place the sensor. I couldn't physically place it any father up stream, and still read all 4 banks, without clocking it below 3-9 o'clock.

The gauge is more of a temporary tuning aid to try and get a better tune than I could without it. Still reading plugs and going by how the bike responds on the road.
                Cool I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I have a brand new AEM wideband kit waiting to go on my latest vw, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of throwing it on the kat until it was dialled in.

Comment

• Sound slime this build is all about wrapped up the. Really sweet project and write up, made for some great reading. Nice job man!
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Cool build up.

Comment

• Liking your build,
                      planning a GSX R swap myself and just collecting some parts now. I see the pivot tube on the GSXR is 48mm and a quick guesstimate is that there is about 26-27mm center of pivot bolt to the back of the motor. I'm guessing yours is the same.
                      How did you get on with clearance to the motor?
                      “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
                      Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
                      ― Douglas Adams

Comment

• Can we get some more pictures of the bike? I'm loving the look.
                        First motorcycle - new project
                        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

• its been such a magical journey, all 21 pages. you should name this bike. its not a Kat at all anymore. its something that all our Kats dream of being! lol
                          93 Kat 750
                          02 RAM 1500
                          04 BMW X3
                          ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

Working...
                          X