X

Extended Swing Arm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Swing Arm

I have a 93 Kat and am looking for an extended swing arm.
    This is my first Kat, and I want to start doing some mods. Before spring.
    1993 600
    No mods yet

Okay , first off (not to be a d1ck or anything) ...Why do you want an extended swingarm ? It'll mess with how the bike handles (and not in a good way) . The only reason that might be warranted is if you're gonna drag-race the thing and have ALOT more power than stock . If you're doing it for the "cool factor" ...Well , as far as most are concerned , Kats aren't that "cool" anyway . Like I said , I don't wanna start trouble or anything , but it sounds like a waste of time to me .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'll back md86 on this.

All you'll do is screw up the handling and make youself look stupid. Unless you've done a hell of a lot of engine work (like, say, maybe dropping in a GSXR or B12 motor), extending the swingarm on a Kat is a poser mod and all you'll suceed in doing is making yourself look like an ass.

But hey, maybe you like being made fun of? To each their own.
      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Swing arm

I appreciate the comments.

I have an uncle thats into drag racing. Thought I might look into it. He's not really giving the info out to me...don't really want m,e messng with it.
        Thanks again to you both.
        1993 600
        No mods yet

Comment

Well if you want to do it for drag racing the easiest way to make your own is pick up another pre 1998 swing arm off of ebay for about $30 shipped. Cut them both up and piece together 1 extended arm. Weld some 1/4 plate over the whole thing for strength, and wallah! One extend swing arm. Unless you want to spend $$$$ and have these guys make you one. http://www.swingarm.com/

Comment

Swing Arm

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
            Unless you want to spend $$$$ and have these guys make you one. http://www.swingarm.com/
            Nah.....$30 seems better. I'll look into it. Thanks for the info.
            1993 600
            No mods yet

Comment

I've got a few here all the time. Right now I have about 6 or 8 Kat swing arms..........mostly early ones, 89-97 600's and 750's. The 750's are about 1-1/2" longer............
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Yup leave it to the parts pimp to show up with what you are looking for!

Comment

if your looking for this to drag ..i wouldnt waste your time ..i raced about 15 times this year and the front end came up only when i completely dropped the clutch lol and i wasnt leaning forward enough ..so ifi were you ..save the money get some nicee sprockes get a stage 3 get kit some k&n elements and a new exhaust and youll be fine ...my 89 with yoshimura exhaust ket kit and k&n filter ran a 12.4 and that was with a shitty reaction time and a bad 0-60 ..i could def cut it down to 12.1 and now i have sprockets so i should be even better ..but moral of the story dont do it ...get the other stuff i said if your gonan drag ...if you wanna see my slip look at my profile

Comment

swing arm

Originally posted by duff daddy
                    ..so ifi were you ..save the money get some nicee sprockes get a stage 3 get kit some k&n elements and a new exhaust and youll be fine ...
                    Where's the best place to get this stuff. What exhaust? Without breaking the bank! Not to mention the sprockets and the jet kit?

I'm new to this and don't want to get burned, sometimes you just pay for the name lol!
                    1993 600
                    No mods yet

Comment

parts pimp lol We need someone to add that to his avatar lol
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Re: swing arm

Originally posted by 1993GSX600
                        Originally posted by duff daddy
                        ..so ifi were you ..save the money get some nicee sprockes get a stage 3 get kit some k&n elements and a new exhaust and youll be fine ...
                        Where's the best place to get this stuff. What exhaust? Without breaking the bank! Not to mention the sprockets and the jet kit?

I'm new to this and don't want to get burned, sometimes you just pay for the name lol!
                        check one of these or try and search for used.

Star Racing sells horsepower for 2007-2020 Harley Davidson motorcycles, Twin Cam and Milwaukee 8. High Performance Parts, specializing in camshafts designed by George Bryce. Mail order only. Located in the United States. Email [email protected] for more information

These are very good suzuki race sites.
                        Thom
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

ah the sprockets i got from a local guy thoes were 60 for the set of 14-48 tooth ....the strap i got from schnitzracing and that was like 20 my filters i got from a local parts store and the jet kit was on the bike but im gonna be getting a stage 3 soon so ill let ya know how much that is i dont think its much and my exhaust they dont make anymore ...its the yoshimura for an 89 750

Comment

Here is a nice piece for you Drag racers. I know this one is no longer up for bidding but they are not hard to find on ebay.

TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                            X