Missing hose on Carbs and Air/Fuel Mix Q's "Please Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing hose on Carbs and Air/Fuel Mix Q's "Please Help

Sorry Guys/Gals,

I am really desparated and didn't have time to search the forum.

Here are my Probs.

1. Are the screws in the "air/fuel??" pic for adjusting air/fuel? if so, how do i lean it out? It burns pretty rich right now. I was told 2 or 2.5 turns out or something. So doesthat mean screw all the way closckwise and back out 2 or 2.5 turns?

2. Missing hose. Is this an important hose. Vaccum, Fuel and Vent tubes are ok. But "B" is missing.

Thanks so much people.
    Attached Files
    Never allow your head... to get ahead of your physical capabilities!

A. yes
    B. no hose goes there, I don't think. Let me go look at my carbs, but I'm pretty sure nothing goes there.

Comment

Turn the screws clock wise until the just barely seat..
      Then turn them out the 2 to 2.5 turns..

There are hoses for those vents but they just loop over the carbs and down, to allow the venting but prevent water from getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        Turn the screws clock wise until the just barely seat..
        Then turn them out the 2 to 2.5 turns..

There are hoses for those vents but they just loop over the carbs and down, to allow the venting but prevent water from getting in.
        So those are the air/fuel screws? Ithought they were plugged by suzuki? Maybe last owner adjusted them and made it too rich. You think?

Thanks BP!

Comment

Those are capped by Suzuki, but jeez man your bike is 20 years old..
          They have to be removed to do a proper cleaning. Even though a lot of manuals say they are factory set and do not need to be adjusted..

Comment

yep, no hose, you all good.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
              yep, no hose, you all good.
              Y'all may not have hoses but you should:

Item #6 here (though your carbs are slightly different)

Comment

I disagree BP, in that fiche if you look between carbs 2 and 3 there is no hose there, thats what he's asking about, there is no hose there. When I rebuilt my carbs I remeber thinking I was missing a hose there also, there is no hose there, of that I am 100% positive.

Comment

Oh a hose between 2 and 3?? Sorry I guess I didn't understand the question. arsenic is right. no hose between 2 and 3..

Carry on..

Comment

Whoooooot Whooooooot Done!!!!!!!

Ok, I wanna say thanks to all the people who helped

I took the carbs apart cleaned every crack and crevasse, adjusted the float levels, adjusted air/fuel and so much more, then put it all back together.

NOW NO MORE PROBLEMS, all the issues are gone. The bike runs great. No more stalling, chugging at stops and when putting bike on kick stand, idles good, less gas stink, better exceleration, better response. Man the thing was so out of whack. All air/fuel screws were about 2.9 - 3.5 turn out. wow

Just one thing, I still see some grey/white smoke. So I think its burning oil.

Any ideas on that one last thing?

Comment

Check and add oil when necessary . If it still runs , but burns oil , just check it more often . When it starts oil-fouling plugs , THEN you may have to try something .....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Check and add oil when necessary . If it still runs , but burns oil , just check it more often . When it starts oil-fouling plugs , THEN you may have to try something .....
                        Well, turn out that the crank case (i think that's what it is) was leaking. All the allen bolts were so loose, the least one I tightened turned about 1.5 times. Some were finger tight.

I beter go over the bike with a fine toothed comb now eh! lol

Comment

Yeah . I bought mine from some idiot that didn't know what he was doing , and 4 years later I'm STILL finding things that were missing .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X