X

Bigger carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger carbs?

So I have a 600 in a 750 frame and 750 carbs.
    Now what I know about engines tells me that if I do use the 36mm carbs instead of the 32mm carbs,Ill have a crap time with idle and bottom end,not to mention jetting nightmares.
    So I was thinking,my late father's Alfa Gt junior has weber side draughts where you can use different "inserts" (not sure of the right term)to determine the carbs throat size.
    Now,what if I made "inserts" that would go in just behind the butterflys that would bring the diameter down to 32mm with the id of the insert tapered and smooth for the step on the butterfly's side?
    Does anyone see any issues?I know it sounds like a crazy idea but the Mukuni 32 carbs are turning out to be a complete bitch to find in this country.

Yeah, I see an issue. Like all of them.

Comment

Yeah,lot of things I can see not working.Thanks for your input.

Comment

You may just have to bite the bullet and order some from the EU or US..
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          You may just have to bite the bullet and order some from the EU or US..
          Im thinking the same thing.Gonna hunt abit more,perhapes if I do find a set,I can trade in the 750 carbs and pay a smaller fee.

Comment

When I bought my 2005 Katana 600, it had 750 carbs terribly installed from the previous owner. I have since fixed and modified some things. It idles fine, and handles throttle smoothly, but the off-idle has been problematic, and will likely require new jets. It would be much cheaper to fix the setup you currently have, but it would be a lot less work to buy the correct carbs. Depends on what you are willing to pay and your comfort level with modifications.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Working...
              X