X

Straight pipe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight pipe?

thinking of putting a straight pipe on my kat.. any thoughts on this? everyone says that i will lose hp and fuel efficiency by means of; loss of back pressure.. i might even put a glass pack muffler? either way my bike is too quiet and its annoying.
    2002 GSX750F 9K miles

I would suggest either a dd exhaust or a delkevic 8" slip on, those are the loudest mufflers for the kat you can get without it running like crap. I would get a jet kit to compliment the exhaust even though its not required, factory pro or ivans seems to be the best and alot of members can help you tune it if your having problems

Comment

Straight pipes do nothing aside from making you look like a loud onoxious *** on a bike. They have zero significant use for anything not a harley or small block chevy, and even then I have doubts. Same goes for Cherry Bomb style glasspacks. Get a proper exhaust if you want more noise. Loud pipes don't save lives, so don't even try that route here...it's been beat to death.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by marine_corps View Post
        thinking of putting a straight pipe on my kat.. any thoughts on this? everyone says that i will lose hp and fuel efficiency and respect by means of; loss of back pressure.. i might even put a glass pack muffler? either way my bike is too quiet and its annoying.
        Quiet is annoying?? Wait 'til you sit on top of loud all day.

Comment

Nothing's more annoying than being half-deaf like me at 46 y.o. When the doctor told me I'd lost significant hearing since my early twenties four years ago, the first thing I thought of was how I remember having my ears ring all night after a ride on my loud '88 Honda Hurricane back in the 80s...

Yes, some sound is nice, but try to temper it with a decent pipe, and for God's sake, wear earplugs when you ride!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
            Yes, some sound is nice, but try to temper it with a decent pipe, and for God's sake, wear earplugs when you ride!
            I agree on the ear plugs. I'm still in my 20s and I wear ear plugs 99% of the time. The couple times I don't wear ear plugs, like if I plan to stay below 40mph or so; that's even somewhat unbearable. There was a thread on here that contained links to hearing loss and riding. It was all I needed to convince me to wear ear plugs (almost) every time.
            Extra life.

Comment

Like this?

Or like this?

The first was horrible to turn with and the second has a muffler...
              They are both ungodly loud but it doesn't really bother me...
              Most of the people I ride with put me in the back so it's not so bad...
              I had 2 people with Harley's and straight pipes tell me mines too loud...
              Does it help performance...that's yet to be seen as dyno time isn't cheap...
              1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
              1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
              Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                Straight pipes do nothing aside from making you look like a loud onoxious *** on a bike. They have zero significant use for anything not a harley or small block chevy, and even then I have doubts. Same goes for Cherry Bomb style glasspacks. Get a proper exhaust if you want more noise. Loud pipes don't save lives, so don't even try that route here...it's been beat to death.
                In case y'all didn't catch it the first time, read it again!!!
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Lol I've read it and I live with the grief of straight pipes and pod filters...
                  Do I condone either... Not unless you like tuning carbs for days and months to get them close to ok that way you can ride it...

Comment

wreckie, you ought to take a look at that oil leak you got going on as well...jus sayin...

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

wreckie, you ought to take a look at that oil leak you got going on as well...jus sayin...
                      With a pipe like that it would be better if the engine drains all of its oil and siezes up so no one has to be anoyed by that....

Seriously why...You gain nothing but an ugly horrible sounding pipe. D&D is loud as heck but sounds decent at least. If you cant afford a pipe then sell the bike and move in another direction in life. Bikes aint cheap esp when you deicde to not be stock...
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback guys. looks like Im just going to save up for a real slip-on. i also want to compliment the slip on with a proper jet kit.
                        2002 GSX750F 9K miles

Comment

Hehe those are old pics the oil pan had a crack...the new one is better no leaks!!!

Comment

good to know you aren't trying to kill yourself then!

Comment

Nope not kill just deafen myself and my neighbors lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X