1989 Suzuki Katana 600 Go kart Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Suzuki Katana 600 Go kart Project

Hello everyone,

I am 15 years old and I am working on a 1989 GSX600F Go kart project. Recently I have traded a bunch of things, and now I have traded up to a GSX600F motor. It doesn't have carbs or wiring on it but I am working to get it running. The guy I got it off of on Craigslist did not supply me with the CDI, or wiring harness, so I purchased those on eBay and I am at the step where I need to hook up the harness and and check to make sure the coils he provided me are working properly and producing spark.

Okay so on to the wiring harness. Since I am working with a go kart I am going to disable all the safety switches. So first there are the 4 coil wires that go into the CDI in one connector plug. Then there is another connector plug with many other connections I am not 100% sure about as I do not have a wiring diagram. I think 2 of the wires go to the signal generator so I will need those. What other wires am I going to need to leave a lone to allow the CDI to function?

Thanks!!

Hit the katana wiki and download the manual, it should have a complete wiring diagram
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Hey not to sound like a complete bozo here, but what is the "kat wiki?"

Comment

1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks for the link! The only thing is I could not find the diagram. I found the Post1998 diagram for the gsx750, but it seems that diagram is different. It only shows the 4 coil wires going into the cdi, and then like 3 more wires going into the cdi from the signal generator and something else. Mine has like 7 wires going into one connector and then the 4 coil wires.

Is there a diagram on there for the 600?

Oh sorry wait I didn't realize you said download the manual. I will try that!
          Last edited by Patthehat033; 12-07-2011, 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The search feature at the top of the page is useful when trying to find things. But be sure to use the google site search part of the search feature.
            Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
            X