X

What do you offroad with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
    What do I hit the trails with? STRICTLY either my feet, clad in hiking boots, or a mountain bike- as in bicycle. Sorry if I sound elitist, but the truth (at least for me,) is that I...

Reduce, a little, the severity of injury in case of a crash (you are often going slower, so you hit the tree/ground/rock not so hard);
    I'll agree with you on cardiovascualr health. I may even agree on severity of injury (at least going up hill). In my experience, you can go places and do things on a mountain bike that you just can't/wouldn't do on a motorcycle. I find that I take chances I wouldn't take with a 200 lb motorcycle. I may not get hurt as severe, but I tend to get hurt more often.

I've done more damage to myself on my canondale than on my Honda SL 70, Hodaka CW 125, Suzuki RM 125 and Yamaha MX 100 put together.

Comment

Check out my YZ426 in my garage. It has a full titanium Yoshi exhaust, modified and revalved forks and shocks and Excel Rims. Lots of power down low and still revs to 11,000 rpm. I haven't raced in about a year due to everything else going on in my life, but my friends want me to run one or two races in the fall. I still have my AMA and D6 number so if I can get into shape I might.

Comment

1975 ts-250
        Attached Files

Comment

Reduce, a little, the severity of injury in case of a crash (you are often going slower, so you hit the tree/ground/rock not so hard);
          Typically yes. Buddy of mine mountain biking in Ottawa took a peak ramp and didn't set himself up properly for the other side .. fell on his head and broke his back. He has fully recovered though.

Have all the technical advancements you could want (MB's have some very advanced components- you would be blown away);

Improve and maintain your CV health way beyond the level you would ever see riding a motorcycle, and build killer lower body strength;
          Absolutely .. I love biking in any form, but when offroad I prefer my moutain bike over a m/c

Primarily though when I'm offroading it's on my 06 Sportsman 500EFI.
          2008 ZZR 600 (His)
          Black
          Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
          Red
          Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Last edited by Trackerrrr; 08-20-2009, 03:13 PM.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy1 View Post
              unfortunatly I dont have it anymore
              someone is an adv rider!

Good stuff folks. I didnt expect the cagers to post! But its all good.

In regards to the bicycles offroad. Sure it would be fun for a while, but its hard to cover any distance on a weekend ride. Not my thing, but im sure its good exercise. make no mistake though, offroading on a motorcycle is a hell of a good workout.

Comment

It's what i use to roll in but i rolled it... working on 2 projects at once my bandit 1200 and new 4runner

Comment

i had a 1989 kx 125, awsome bike never had any problems. i don't know why i ever sold it jerk!!

Comment

this one aint mine,I cant find a good pic,looks just like mine except i had 36inch swampers But that was a great trail truck,wish i never sold mine
                    I had 8" of lift with a "warmed" 360ci damm I miss it...sniff
                    WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                    We Will Always remember!
                    sigpic

Comment

I just sold my '78 Kawasaki KE175 enduro. I miss it. I also am restoring an '89 Dodge Raider and a '76 Toyota Landcruiser.

Comment

99 xj: 33 inch tires, 8 inches of lift in front 7 inches in rear, bunch of goodies. Pay no attention to me in the first pic...lol.

91 XJ: 3 1/2 inch lift 31 inch all terrains, daily driver but it has 285K on it so who knows how long its gonna last.

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                        2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                        My friend just got an 08 ruby, but the 2 door. That thing is a beast...it goes over anything in its way. Wish I had the cash to get one.
                        Last edited by parkze; 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

99 Banshee,8MM STROKER CRANK ,40 Over Wiseco Piston Kits,K & N FILTER,BOYESEN PRO SERIES REEDS,FMF FATTY EXHAUST,Race Cut Fenders,ITP Rims

Comment

I'm talking to a guy at work into selling me his KLR that's got these HUGE knobbies on it : . Needs some work , but I MAY be able to get it for just a few hundred $$$ ....
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

my 2007 Suzuki LT-R 450
                              I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                              Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                              My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                              He is the best there was and ever been.
                              RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

05 WR450f
                                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                                89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                                05 Yamaha WR450F
                                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X