X

Need Help with clutch issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with clutch issue

Good day all, It seems when I'm at full throttle and just before redline, the engine starts to wind up, I loose power and it seems that the clutch is slipping. I was just in the shop for a tire change and the tech said he noticed it but said it wasn't the clutch. Does anyone know what may be happening? Thanks, Jason

For my 2001 Kat rev-limiter is set 500 rpms lower than redline. However, when I hit that limit it causes a stutter in the bike. The whole bike jolts back and forth. What happens is the ignition cuts out two of the cylinders.

Is this anywhere's near what your feeling?
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

No, it's not the rev-limiter, it's more like when you pull the clutch in a little. Lets say i'm full throttle tucked down, when i get to about 10-12 rpm, its almost like i pull the clutch in a bit, the motor just winds up and I loose power.

Comment

Then your clutch is slipping. Try adjusting the cable.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

What is the proper way to adjust a clutch cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Private_Eye View Post
            What is the proper way to adjust a clutch cable?
            A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
            02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
            90 GSXR 750/1216
            96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
            87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
            sigpic

Comment

I was just trying to back out the screw of the worm gear and it was really tight. The screw head has now broke and I have no way of adjusting it. What should I do know?

Comment

Parts Fiche #22 shows it to be a replaceable part. Either replace that one piece or buy a complete used cover that has it and install the cover. Then start all over.

You don't state what year your Katana is so I posted the parts fiche for my 2001.
                Last edited by squiggy; 02-24-2009, 03:22 PM.
                How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Private_Eye View Post
                  I was just trying to back out the screw of the worm gear and it was really tight. The screw head has now broke and I have no way of adjusting it. What should I do know?
                  take it to a dealer and have them adjust/fix it
                  1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                  2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                  sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                  Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                  A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

If you take the sprocket cover off , you can get the whole assembly out . But if you're having a hard time just getting the clutch adjusted , this MAY be something you'll want some help with , 'cause if you ain't careful about how it goes back together .....
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X