X

Bought a new battery, won't hold a charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new battery, won't hold a charge

Hi all. I'm sure someone can answer this in 2 seconds so here goes..
    Bought a new battery online for my Kat750. Said shipped "dry" so I'd have to add electrolyte..so I added distilled water, let it sit, topped it off a bit, then sat it on a charger for a bit. didn't hold a charge. tried again. nothing...is there something else i need to add to it in order for it to become "acid"?? Thanks

did you just add water?

Comment

yea all i added was distilled water like my friend said to

Comment

Sorry, I can't stop laughing You have to add electrolyte (acid) should have come with battery in separate container. If not you have a boat anchor! You may be able to get the acid at a battery shop. They will laugh too though!
        2006 Katana 750+

Comment

awesome thanks. they said they couldnt ship it with it because its dangerous. i thought they just meant they couldnt ship it with water in it cuz it would be acidic already and not spill proof, but oh well. would they sell that at a motorcycle dealer?? thanks for the input

Comment

What brand was it?

I ask, because most brands ship with the acid sealed in a plastic reservior designed to be added to the battery at time of install or initial charge.

Some sealed batteries (such as Yausa's factory-sealed ones) ship pre-loaded and ready to go.

As for scoring battery acid, I would suggest trying to contact a battery-specific store in your area, such as the local branch of Batteries Plus, or contact the manufacturer of the battery for their advice.

Either way, it sounds like you get pooched on this one...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

bought some electrolyte from interstate today at work. cost $2.00. I'll be putting it in after work. Thanks for the help riders

Comment

Now be careful when you add it. Wear a face sheild incase it splashes up on you. Remember, it is acid.

Comment

Working...
                X