X

How can it get much worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can it get much worse?

After son being in accident last night and totaling his car ( thank god not a scratch on him), you wouldn't think it could get much worse.

Arrived back home this morning, decided to do a core return to local parts supplier. Walked up to garage side door, and glass broken out. Figured oh well storm, broke first layer out last night night. Open door and Kat is laying flat on floor, off stands. The garage looked like a tornado had been through it. BURGLARIZED!!

Call sheriff's department, and girlfriend. Can't touch anything at all. Bike load on side for almost 4 hours while they did their thing.

So now bike has tweaked front triple, plastics have minor damage ( werent on bike) just tossed in floor, side covers scratched, rotor on left side warped, left rearset tweaked, new clipons trashed, possible rear subframe bent.

Toolboxes cleaned out completely. Nothing left but a few minor sockets, two diagnostics scanners gone, all test equipment carted off, few boxes of misc parts missing, paint guns gone, and all air tools.

New racetech gold valves and ssprings gone, both the front and rear galfers and pads are now gone, shoei helmet gone.

Probable grand total with just a short shopping list and stuff brought over last 4 years from snapon dealer, 40k+, bike damage roughly 4k, miscparts and items stolen 3-4k, and that is just without cleaning up the tornado mess.

Bad thing is the SOB's stole the last 35 years of my life. I have worked on cars,bikes, and boats since 7 years old. Now its all gone. Insurance will replace at cost, but will pay half then the other half once I have pruchased everything.

Only thing left for it to get worse is someone to steal my dogs.
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Awe man, I'm sorry to hear about this. I've had quite a few things stolen from me in my lifetime, but nothing this bad. I feel for ya.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

i can only imagine how pissed you are right now. Sorry that it happened to you. I know that the chances of finding your stuff is slim, but maybe the slimeballs will get caught.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Re: How can it get much worse?

Originally posted by Micdalen
        Bad thing is the SOB's stole the last 35 years of my life. I have worked on cars,bikes, and boats since 7 years old. Now its all gone. Insurance will replace at cost, but will pay half then the other half once I have pruchased everything.

well, I know it sucks and all.....and probably makes you feel like hunting the bastards down and lynching them, but hey.....at least the insurance is covering it. so you can look at it two ways......they stole the last 35 years of your life, or they set you up with brand spankin' new tools to get you through the next 35
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: How can it get much worse?

Originally posted by Mojoe
          Originally posted by Micdalen

well, I know it sucks and all.....and probably makes you feel like hunting the bastages down and lynching them, but hey.....at least the insurance is covering it. so you can look at it two ways......they stole the last 35 years of your life, or they set you up with brand spankin' new tools to get you through the next 35

Mo I owe you a drink for that one at the rally. First time I have laughed in the last 9 hours.
          Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

Comment

Guylaine
            Try and keep up now

Comment

Where do you guys all live? Where I'm from, we leave our doors unlocked, even when we are sleeping or gone from the house.
              "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

Live in TN.

Comment

Wow man, sorry to hear this. It is great though that you have that insurance. I know there is no price on sentimental value but at least it will help you start again.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

It sucks that they cleared out your garage, but I'm glad they didn't come into your home and assault your family, that you didn't go out to the garage while they were in it, and that all that occured was property loss.

Peace be with you.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Man that sucks. Like Mojoe said, you'll now be on even better terms with the Snap-On & MAC guys

Comment

Sorry to hear this happened to you, I don't know what else to say.

Comment

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Your son is ok, and, insurance will cover your loss. No where near as bad, as it could have been. I had it happen to me a few years back. I know the ache you have in your stomach whenever you walk in your garage. From my experience going through what you are going through. As the new stuff fills the garage. The ache gets better.
                          I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

As of now compiling losses for te detectives, and insurance adjuster 51k and soem change. As we clean up and put more things in their place will probably reach much higher. Detective told me I would probably be finding things missing 2 or more years from now.

The best thing though, is the phone calls coming in from friends. From up north to florida, new york to florida friends are watching and putting the word out. Ebay probably gonna get more hits for snap on tools over the next few weeks.

Those of you that watch. If you happen to see an excessive amount of snap on tools being posted up by a seller with low or no feedback, shoot me a tell. Spoke with Ebay customer service and since police report filed and ebing investigated they can assist to see the origin of a large number of related auctions.

Maybe just paranoia, but this is driving me over the edge. Keep finding empty spots on shelves and cabinets. Will take forever to figure it all out.

Comment

Remember to keep an eye on the pawnshops in town. I'd take this weekend and go hit them to examine what they have right this minute, and then check back frequently. If it were me coming away with that kind of haul, I'd sit on it for a couple of weeks to make sure the cops had forgotten about them or gotten busy with other things.

Considerable criminal element out there that still isn't smart enough to work ebay. Contrary to popular belief, there's still life without a wire.

I'm with Mojoe on the perspective thing though.

Be well, be thankful.
                              ND

Comment

Working...
                              X