X

Repairing nicks in fairings:(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing nicks in fairings:(

While trying to remove a broken bar end bolt,The extractor i was useing broke and nicked the paint on my upper fairing:banghead The paint actually looks o.k.,But the clearcoat is definetly nicked,What's the best way to fix this?I was thinkink of sanding it down and re-applying a little dab of clearcoat to repair what got nicked,But wasn't sure what grit of sandpaper to use.It's only a very small nick,maybe a little bigger then a pin-head,But to me it sticks out like a sore thumb.
    97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

That's sounds like a micro nick. Just get a touch up pen from colorrite.com and you will forget it was ever there.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Thanks for the help,Sounds like a good idea.
      97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Working...
      X