Brake light works/Tail light does not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake light works/Tail light does not

99 Katana 600
    My tail light/running light isn't working. Brake light does. I changed the bulb. Nothing. Any suggestions??? I was just going to wirin in a LED light strip for the running light, since I have to wirin in a tag light as well...
    sigpic

Originally posted by Million$ View Post
    99 Katana 600
    My tail light/running light isn't working. Brake light does. I changed the bulb. Nothing. Any suggestions??? I was just going to wirin in a LED light strip for the running light, since I have to wirin in a tag light as well...

You have 2 power sources, and a shared ground.

The bulb has to be inserted in a specific way or the light will appear to have the exact issues your mentioned.

If that isn't it (don't assume it was correct when you got the bike), then check the power source/wiring for the running light from the socket to the wiring harness.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey, would u believe it was the fuse? Swapped it for the correct amp and it was like magic. Wired in a led strip for the tag light and now I'm good to go. All dash lights work now too Simple fix for the win!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X