I need pants.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need pants.

Like the post says, I need pants.

I've been wearing double knee Carhart jeans, but I'd like a little more protection in the event of a crash.

Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it under $100.
    2000 ZX-12R, Power Commander, Quick Shifter, -1 & +2. SO DAMN FAST
    2001 Mazda Protege (MAZDASPEED Conversion w/Callaway turbo, TurboXS BOV and Boost Controller, InJen CAI, Vibrant Header, WORK SuperWheels)

look on ebay, you can find good deals.

Comment

Yup eBay for leather under $100
      Most of the kevlar/arimid reenforced pants are under $100 too..

Comment

I like the Shift ones...I have a couple of pairs and like they are Kevlar on the knees and butt area...though like many of the Arimid/Kevlar jeans they offer skid value but no impact so you may not end up with rash but broken bones...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the advice.

Yay for broken bones!
          2000 ZX-12R, Power Commander, Quick Shifter, -1 & +2. SO DAMN FAST
          2001 Mazda Protege (MAZDASPEED Conversion w/Callaway turbo, TurboXS BOV and Boost Controller, InJen CAI, Vibrant Header, WORK SuperWheels)

Comment

New Pants

Try new enough in the close outs or bargin basment Moto Gt pants discountrd to $69 bucks Check them out Ive got a pair on the way. They list for about $160.00 Good luck

Comment

I bought the Tour Master Flex Mesh convertible pants. Spent 150 bucks, but they have two liners, and the textile around the legs comes off to reveal the mesh for super hot days. CE rated armor, waterproof (with the right liner installed,) 8" zipper for attaching to your jacket. Blah, blah, blah. Good pants.

The extra cost for me was well worth it, because I now have pants I can wear in pretty much any weather. One insulated liner, one waterproof one, textile zipz off of them, with armor and adjustable straps. Well worth the extra bucks.

Comment

I have a pair of Fieldsheer Mesh pants. Not sure how protective, have padding, etc., but seem flimsy. Hope not to have to road test them anytime.
                What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Re: New Pants

Originally posted by #1 Moses
                  Try new enough in the close outs or bargin basment Moto Gt pants discountrd to $69 bucks Check them out Ive got a pair on the way. They list for about $160.00 Good luck
                  Can someone please throw a link for the "bargain basement" if it actually exists. I found the closeouts, but for the life of me I can't find anything saying bargain basement. Is it two separate deals or not?

Feeling just a might stupid just about now.

Comment

Re: New Pants

Originally posted by Novelldude
                    Originally posted by #1 Moses
                    Can someone please throw a link for the "bargain basement" if it actually exists. I found the closeouts, but for the life of me I can't find anything saying bargain basement. Is it two separate deals or not?

Feeling just a might stupid just about now.
                    Click on closeouts and then click on bargain basement half way down the list.
                    96 Katana 600
                    97 4 door Blazer LT
                    03 Honda Pilot EXL
                    sigpic

Comment

Re: I need pants.

Originally posted by bdelpriore
                      Like the post says, I need pants...
                      Feeling, uh, "exposed?"
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Tour Master's Caliber pants are a great looking, sporty overpant for any type of street riding. The pants have sort of an 'adventure rider' look to them with...

I've got these and they are great, and only $125. Comes with liner and work well in cold weather. Take the liner out and they work great in hot weather. Just a great all-around pant.
                        00 Katana 750

Comment

newenough, motorcyclecloseouts, and ironpony are the sites I watch for sale items.

Comment

Dude ,$80 for LEATHER ?!? You'd be a FOOL to pass that up if you're shopping for pants ! I thought I did ok at $160 !
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                            X