Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Swapped engine, now no headlight or hand controls.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped engine, now no headlight or hand controls.

'95 600 frame, '95 750 engine. All connections have been made correctly to the best of my knowledge and after several hours staring at a wiring diagram. However, when I tun the key the oil/neutral lights turn on but the headlight doesn't. The turn signals don't work, the starter button doesn't work, the high beam indicator doesn't turn on when I flip the headlight switch, and the horn doesn't work. Neither pigtail was touched when I swapped the engines, and all the fuses in the fuse panel check out. I'm getting confused to the point of frustration; is there anything I'm missing?
    1995 600 w/ 750 swap (aka the cause of 90% of my current headaches)

Main breaker? It's ont the right side of the battery box between the tank and battery box. It has a red dot on top of it, push that dot. If it's tripped it will click when pushed.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

That's... The obvious thing I figured I'd missed. I'll check that next time I'm in the garage, but I have a feeling that's probably it. Thanks a lot.

Comment

I did that once. Went to start the bike and then realized that I forgot to plug in the main fuse box after I sat confused for a while.
        First motorcycle - new project
        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Either I'm looking in the wrong place, or this bike doesn't have one of those.

It should be right here, correct? (looking backwards at the front of the battery box)

There are these on the other side, but they look to be relays and don't have any buttons on them.

The right-hand side of the battery box only has what looks like the starter solenoid. Again, no buttons.

Am I insane, or has it gone missing during the swap or something?
          Last edited by thebook92; 03-04-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

If your fuse box has a 25 amp fuse then you don't have one.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I don't have one then. I know I pulled a 25 amp one out when I checked to make sure they were good.

Comment

Are you sure everything is plugged in and plugged in fully. No bent or unseated pins.
                Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-04-2015, 05:30 PM.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

When I took those pictures I unplugged and re-plugged in everything I removed when doing the swap, just in case. A quick glance at that which I could see showed none to very little corrosion on anything.
                  Last edited by thebook92; 03-04-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Your going to have to trace the source through the loom. Something is a mis, if it worked before the swap. There is a small neg at the battery that plugs in, is it?
                    Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-04-2015, 05:54 PM.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

It's plugged in, yes. I was hoping I wouldn't have to start digging through the wiring harness, but it seems like it's my only option right now. I'm assuming I'll have to look for a short to ground or open somewhere; any suggestions on where to start?

Comment

Battery forward.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

I had to walk away from this for a while due to life getting in the way. Turned out the other end of the plug at the negative battery terminal was corroded, and now she cranks over beautifully. Won't start yet, but I can probably diagnose it from here. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by thebook92 View Post
                            I had to walk away from this for a while due to life getting in the way. Turned out the other end of the plug at the negative battery terminal was corroded, and now she cranks over beautifully. Won't start yet, but I can probably diagnose it from here. Thanks for the help.
                            So it was something simple.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Isn't that how it always goes?

Comment

Working...
                              X