X

Crazy drivers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nero View Post
    Same here from me to you. Oh well, life goes on.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
      Regardless of how you pass a pick up truck...when they ATTEMPT TO KILL you with their truck...they are in the wrong.
      You are correct indeed, but I'd rather be alive than be right.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

If you were ahead of somebody that already proved they were willing to kill you, would you not go as fast as possible to make sure they couldn't catch you? And if you were a friend of said person, who was still behind the truck, would you not try to keep up in case you were needed to prevent something from happening? I can't say I would have done anything different, can you? Two guys were separated by the truck..... I would likely be concerned about my friend on the other side of the truck, no matter which side I was on. In full self-preservation mode it would be easy for the front rider to leave him in the dust, or the back rider to flip around and go the other way, but that would leave the other guy on his own. Not sure I could/would do that.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            +1000
            live to argue .You put any size cage against any motorcycle i'd always put my money on the cager winning .Knowing that ,take your picks to the law and not to the knuckle dragger.Intent is 9/10th the law.Being a dumb a$$ is what 99%of the jails were made for .The other 1% is a smartass being a dumb ***.
            Just my thoughts
            Last edited by Irish; 06-11-2011, 02:26 PM.
            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              If you were ahead of somebody that already proved they were willing to kill you, would you not go as fast as possible to make sure they couldn't catch you? And if you were a friend of said person, who was still behind the truck, would you not try to keep up in case you were needed to prevent something from happening? I can't say I would have done anything different, can you? Two guys were separated by the truck..... I would likely be concerned about my friend on the other side of the truck, no matter which side I was on. In full self-preservation mode it would be easy for the front rider to leave him in the dust, or the back rider to flip around and go the other way, but that would leave the other guy on his own. Not sure I could/would do that.
              Everything you said was very valid, and given the circumstances, I'm not sure I would have done differently, but with one difference; I wouldn't turn a twisty farm road full of rednecks into my own personal race track in the first place. Two things I noticed on the video that perhaps you did not; lots of bikes zipping by and an angry redneck griping about 'crotch rockets' doing their thing. I am NOT defending the redneck and can only hope he's now in jail for attempted murder or wreckless driving, bare minimum, but I did say and do believe you can do things to increase your risks of these kinds of run-ins. Can we look at this holistically and think maybe that nutcase was set-off by previous rider actions on those same roads? I am NOT DEFENDING the redneck, but I think there may be more to this story.

I get mired in traffic all the time. It's a way of life here as it is in most big cities. Motorcyclists pull all kinds of stupid maneuvers here because they think laws don't apply to them, and occasionally, a cager takes offense to it. I watched last week as one moved over to block a motorcycle from getting past in the emergency lane. I was riding with my GF last month when a guy on a CBR600 zipped around her at over 100 in a 45 and pulled in front of her at a merge point, almost sending her off the road. I felt for sure she was going to get out of the car and beat the pizz of the guy at the light - and I would have helped her and parted his bike out on Ebay.

Also, they stopped and got into an argument with a guy that already displayed he had the propensity for extreme violence. Do you believe that was a wise choice? He could have easilly ran the first guy over as he sat on his bike. He also reached in and got a tire iron, and it could have easily been an AK-47. The real sh*tty thing is, he could have shot them both, lawyered-up and claimed self-d because he felt fear because he was being ganged-up on, and would have had a reasonable chance of winning with a good lawyer, haircut, bath and a tic-tac.

One thing I can guarantee: Virtually no one is going to be out to kill you if you take your racing to the track and ride casually and safely on public roads, and follow the law. -Risk management.
              Last edited by Nero; 06-10-2011, 12:02 AM.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Two things I noticed on the video that perhaps you did not; lots of bikes zipping by and an angry redneck griping about 'crotch rockets' doing their thing. I am NOT defending the redneck and can only hope he's now in jail for attempted murder or wreckless driving, bare minimum, but I did say and do believe you can do things to increase your risks of these kinds of run-ins. Can we look at this holistically and think maybe that nutcase was set-off by previous rider actions on those same roads? I am NOT DEFENDING the redneck, but I think there may be more to this story.
                Of course there is more to the story. It's obvious from posts in local forums that this is a common place to ride..... and of course where there are 100 guys on sportbikes, there will be at least 60 that ride like complete dix. Can this make somebody angry? Of course. Should this make somebody angry enough to murder somebody?!?! I hope not.

I used to get really irritated when I lived on a quiet street in a small city, because HOG riders would rip down my street with their straight pipes, setting off my car alarm and waking me up. Did it make me angry? Sure. Did it make me angry enough that I wanted to jump in the car, chase them down, and steal their ignition key so they would have to push that 800lb lump home? Absolutely. Did I ever try to kill one of them? No way. No reasonably sane (and I use that loosely) person would do that.

Sure, having a bunch of bikes zipping past your house in the quiet country could be irritating, but that's all. Having neighbors that throw house parties and keep their music up way too loud is irritating too, but people don't usually go ape-s**t with a tire iron because of it.

I'm not saying the riders are all 100% correct. I think it's only common courtesy to slow it down where there are houses, and it's obvious that not all riders do that. That said, what the riders were doing deserved a strong sigh and some rolled eyes, and maybe a monosyllable uttered under his breath, but certainly not vehicular manslaughter.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Eff'd up situation all the way around, but that guy needs to spend a few nights in jail at the very least.
                  Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Agreed, LnL. Agreed. I will shamefully admit I reacted harshly to a road rager years ago (like 1989, I think). He was driving like an absolute maniac, cutting people off left and right. I followed him to his apartment complex with my friend and we left a note on his car, telling him he drove like an azzhole.

I know that doesn't sound like we reacted badly, but we left the note with a car key, not pen and paper.
                    =USAF= Retired

Comment

yeah, I run into people like this on a daily basis.. on the bike or in a car.. there are always *******s out there.. so its you job as a rider not to ride like a dick and share the road too.. people dont like being cut off ona single lane road.. wait till your in a safe passing position and then do it.. dont just zip by a person.. if it was some old lady that got nervous and jerked the wheel that would be the end of the rider.. but it was some douche redneck in a pick-up truck.. either way..

Comment

I love it when my fellow southerners claim they "been here my whole life, I can do what I want"......well jeth rowe, so did I, so have some damn respect! You always hear this type of arguments up at the dragstrip in town, just glad the guys are ok, I'd love to see part II of the video, the aftermath when the cops showed up.
                        "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                        Chris
                        graphic designer | drummer
                        2002 Katana 600
                        Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

So.... your girlfriend gets a bit drunk and is walking down the street (illegal public intoxication) so it's okay for the guy who's tired of putting up with drunks on his street to teach her a lesson and have is way with her right?

I mean, she should have known better, and not been breaking the law! It's partly her fault.

Or you could quit looking for ways to blame the victims...

Jus sayn.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

This video is great, completely confirms why i ride with a tazer in my back bag and a 8" blade in my boot /shrug

Comment

Most people in Toronto anyways are brave till you walk up to their window.... I was passing a car doing 10 under and he swerved out to get me and 2 min later hes behind me giving me the finger at a light so I walk up to his window and ask if he could explain the gesture and he decided that it might be a good idea to leave. Good thing cause I'm not to sure what I would have done

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                                So.... your girlfriend gets a bit drunk and is walking down the street (illegal public intoxication) so it's okay for the guy who's tired of putting up with drunks on his street to teach her a lesson and have is way with her right?

I mean, she should have known better, and not been breaking the law! It's partly her fault.

Or you could quit looking for ways to blame the victims...

Jus sayn.

Krey
                                Settle down. No one here has blamed the 'victim' here.
                                =USAF= Retired

Comment

Working...
                                X