X

Triumph Daytona 675

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Daytona 675

Has anybody had any experience with one of these? I have been researching them quite a bit. I am considering picking one up. I will have to decide quick if I want to jump on one of their SE's that they issued. The dealership is selling their last one.

Oh lord, here we go again..talking about Soulpatch's great new bike. I think Steves has one also.

All I know about them is they're British and they forgot a cylinder.

Comment

I think if you search a bit on the forum, CyberPoet did a good write up of the different model years ... but I cannot recall if it was on the Sprint ST or the Daytona, or maybe even both? In the end, a very sweet looking machine!
      2008 ZZR 600 (His)
      Black
      Frame Sliders

2009 Ninja 250R (Hers)
      Red
      Solo Seat Cowl & Fender Eliminator

Comment

My friend wants one of these. It's all he talks about.

Originally posted by beherenow71
        they forgot a cylinder
        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Steves has a Sprint.

I am the one with the 675 SE.

Great bike. I am only about 500 miles into my break in though. Have another 100 before I change out the oil and really start to crank it.

Not familiar enough for a full on review yet. But if you have questions fire away...
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Its a great bike with a midrange punch that the current crop of 600's cant match. It makes some of the most beautiful sounds ive heard from a motorcycle engine. The bike absolutly loves to be turned and leaned hard.

The downside to the bike is the high seat/low clip's. My boss has one and it definitly puts a tax on his wrists. Overall it is a spectacular machine. For my taste though I like to sit more "in" rather than "on" the bike.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

It is a beautiful bike. There are only 100 in the US. My buddy and his wife bought one and love it.

The Detroit dealership had their last one stolen last night from the showroom. Someone broke the window and stole it. They must have really liked it too.
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

soulpath, I guess my main concern is the seat height. Im 5'7 with stubbyish legs. I even lowered my kat. Has the seat height been an issue for you at all. I know I could lower it, and I may be fine since it is such a lighter bike.

Also, I know you say you havent been able to open it up much. But have you had any problems with the tires. I heard they are realy need to be warmed up since they are such a soft tire. What dealership did you get it from?

Comment

I dont have the LE edition but I do have a 2006 Daytona 675. I totally love this bike. It is pretty tall, i'm 5'10 and i flat foot it just fine but its the tallest bike Ive owned. the bike puts off quite a bit of heat so sitting in traffic in the Summer isnt very much fun. I havent for one minute regretting buying the 675. I rode over 200 miles last Friday and my back and wrists were fine.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                    It is a beautiful bike. There are only 100 in the US. My buddy and his wife bought one and love it.

The Detroit dealership had their last one stolen last night from the showroom. Someone broke the window and stole it. They must have really liked it too.
                    WOW !!!! It is a very nice bike!!
                    sigpic

RIP CP
                    50th Anniv R6
                    95 Katana 600
                    http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Man, that is a very nice bike.
                      Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                        I am the one with the 675 SE.
                        Ahhh Soulpatch I am terribly jealous of you. That 675 SE is one of those bike that I'll have to get even if it's only in 20 years from now.
                        Congrats on your awesome bike!

Comment

Going to look at one today, myself, but seat height is obviously an issue for me as well. I've heard of some tricks to get it down about an inch but you really can't tell until you sit on one yourself, clearly. I went on their site to find a dealership near me, so that's my suggestion. Definitely an awesome bike, missing a cylinder or not!

Comment

Seat height will probably be an issue for you. I believe the 09 is a bit taller then Chats with the suspension updates but I am not sure. I am about 5'11" but more imporantly my inseam is about 32" and I am just off of flatfooting my bike. I can do it if I skootch up to the tank but I have to move forward to be able to do it.

As for the tires. I have not noticed any issues at all yet. I did discover last Saturday that they do not like gravel at ALL as my back end skidded during a turn slightly. My Katana with the Metzelers would not have balked at all in that curve.

As Chatt says the bike does get hot. The heat shielding does a fairly good job in case someone gets on the back with you but otherwise if you are in jeans be prepared to have your legs warmed. It is almost enjoyable except when sitting still as you begin to bake. Hell i can see myself riding in the cold slightly more with the bikes built in heated seat and leg warmers. HA HA.

If you decide to get one you will most likely need the Helibars. Chatt says he can ride all day without pain to his wrists. I am not sure if my riding position is terrible, if they changed the positioning of the bars or what, BUT helibars will probably be my first mod. I can not ride for extended periods of time without wrist pain in my right hand. I was able to ride my SV1000 and Katana for hours without an issue so it is isolated to this bike thus far.

Bike in general has a growl about it. When you open up the throttle and the intake sucks in air you get a tingle just from hearing her breathe. The exhaust has a throaty tone to it and barks when asked to. Though a new pipe will go a long way with making it more aggressive sounding. I personally will be going 2 Brothers or Jardine with mine for more of a bite to it.

This is the first bike I have had that I did not need to go online right away and buy parts for. Modding is not top on my list. Sure there are a few things but for the first time it is a very short list.
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I think I will be getting a hold of the dealership today. possibly even put a deposit down. Although I would realy love to sell my Katana first. Are there any other places beside craigslist to sell bikes on?

Comment

Working...
                              X