Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-to's coming up soon. ;)

My previous thread was closed.

Steves
    "Okay, we aren't really going anywhere useful here. If someone would like to start a thread to collect the how-to's etc please do so."

Steves: I'd love to, in fact, as soon as I get my bike back I may be able to squeeze some easy ones to share, no brainers for most of you but some newb will appreciate it sooner or later.

Since I don't have enough clearance to post on the How-to's section, I guess then that I could post it here instead. The biggest challenge is how to keep all the topics together without being separated by other threads and time.

Thanx.
    2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
    2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
    2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
    2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

I will happily contribute how-to's, I can post in the how-to section, you if you PM your posts to me I will post them in the how to's, or just PM the pictures and information to me and I will put together a how to

Comment

If you're gonna do it , make sure you get plenty of pics . What seems like day 1 stuff to most of us may be way over another's head . But then , if that IS the case , they MAY have no business tinkering with their bike other than to clean the chain anyway .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Matt, trust me, we've made dude well aware of that. If this is what he wants to do, I'll help him do it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with giving a newbie some confindence by showing them what things look like. If it wasn't for some of the pics on here, my frist valve adjust would have cost me $350 instead of 2 days at my Brother-in-law's and my header welds never would have gotten ground. Once I finish the suzuki program at MMI I might be making some picture posts of my own! Just make sure though, that you do it right. Don't want the newbies thinking they're doing it right and end up way messed up because they thought something was right that wasn't. All the power to ya man!

Comment

thats why I said PM the info to me, I'll make sure it's right

Comment

Hopefully, this time round, this thread wont go south. I've got plenty of experince to share, Wont refer to the search.. ever. I can do noob pics for lots of things and never charge for lending a hand.

Isnt that what this forums about?

Think about it. If your not here to help someone. Then register as a vendor.
              2000Kat600, Good Idea, Hopefully the mods (looks towards Steves) will see a way to make the thread a sticky, and post good/concice "How To's" to a How To post that is locked and only modifications or changes can go thru him. Someplace a Noob can look at and go "Hey.. All these have pictures?!?!" CP has lots of them. Why not put everything in one place.

I had read Post # 2 in the previous thread as I am sure others had. I could have been post # 3 in responce, I opted to bite my tongue. I have since opted to Ignore any future posts from this member since they have a chip on thier shoulder. Unfortunately I have to say that I did such steps. But we must also remember that option is there for our use.

I bit my tongue and 2000Kat600 I know you bit yours till it bled. I am glad to see the previous thread was locked. Hopefully this time things go differently.

Would be nice to have a How To section where noobs can be refered to without telling them to use the search which is flaky sometimes.

Just my rant.
              Last edited by Newbie2it; 12-18-2007, 03:56 AM. Reason: Added thought.
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

You can post your thread here, or anywhere that makes sense... and someone can move the thread into the how to area later... which is how most of those threads got there in the first place.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  You can post your thread here, or anywhere that makes sense... and someone can move the thread into the how to area later... which is how most of those threads got there in the first place.

That seems to be the most viable method, thanx again.
                  2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
                  2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
                  2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
                  2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

After gaining some experience an oil change is a no brainer and easy. The point of some of these how to's that's been talked about is to help give the new guy some confidence to start, everybody has to start somewhere.

2002 Katana 600
                    1999 Ford F150

Comment

Working...
                    X