X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. On Time's build

Im just gonna post my what im doing pics here. I fabricate alot, i try and sometimes fail miserably to reinvent the old wheels constantly. I also wanna say that i never really share what i do with people, not because im greedy, but because i know no one i know gives a rats ass about a bike old enough to get drunk legally.... but you guys do.
    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-22-2017, 09:19 PM.
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

since the exhaust i ordered from e bay came today..... and was perfect.... for a 400.... i decided to start on the undertail frame and undertail panel..
    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-20-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

trying a shorter kickstand. Used an old 15/16 wrench

Comment

the rest of the wrench is my handlebar bracket.

Comment

heres what i have so far for the rear light and fairing. It doubles as a fairing brace and will also be where i mount the plate to hold the under rear fairing cover.

Comment

this was not that much fun to make, it kept just barely not fitting and by the time i was done

Comment

I don't understand exactly what you've got there.
              Is this a Kat-1100 with a different front end ? If so, whats it from ? Better pictures would be cool. Also, whats going on the that air box ? Why did you re-shape it that way ?
              EDIT: I'd like to see a better picture of the left foot peg. You know, the stock K-11 peg is known for breaking in half. Alot of dudes here would be greatful if you have a alternative fix for that.
              Last edited by katanarider; 07-22-2017, 09:32 PM.
              My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

What i have is a 1990 1100 that someone put a 95 bandit 600 motor on and then tried to hotglue the tail fairing of a repsol honda on. The 1100 forks are beat and unadjustable so i put on a fully adjustable set off of an 89-90 gsxr 750, actually it bolted right up with the 17" front tire. Its a craigslist special i bought like this as a challenge, honestly alot of the time i dont understand what ive got here. But if realizing other peoples dreams was easy little girls would be lining up for it.

EDIT: I'd like to see a better picture of the left foot peg. You know, the stock K-11 peg is known for breaking in half. Alot of dudes here would be greatful if you have a alternative fix for that. [/QUOTE]

Im gonna tig this set up and i doubt itll ever break in half, but this is just a set of rear passenger pegs off of a 90 gsxr bolted to the lower half of the originals because apparently they dont make aftermarkets.

You know looking at that peg now that i think about it, its why i wanted to fab something up, its long and heavy but with those holes drilled for the rubber. I bet it breaks across at the second hole mostly? Before i decided to cut them down i was simply going to remove the steel weights. It would lower stress and vibration on them. Another fix would be to fabricate a set of steel pegs in the design of the customer. By tiging one set to another i can still get inserts and keep the strength
                oh yeah and the 1100 airbox is like 110 bucks and apparently shorter than others, but i bought this one not thinking for a 95 bandit 600, because of the motor and its a motor part. For 1 bike i have 3 manuals so far and 5 bikes tallied as known donors, im gonna keep it going and be unorthodox with it while trying to keep or enhance ridability.
                Last edited by Mrontime; 07-22-2017, 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

super hard to not just ride it around like this...

Comment

Looks like your handlebar ends or the levers may contact the fairings or the tank with the wheel turned... Can you confirm ? If it clears without any issues, you may have discovered a new way to convert the K11 to 17 inch wheels.

Comment

It clears perfectly this way, i made sure with a full turn to the stop in either direction. I also have the rear swingarm i will try when i swap the shock to an R6 shock. Unfortunately i cant use the swingarm due to some cracks.
                      Last edited by Mrontime; 07-23-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrontime View Post
                        It clears perfectly this way, i made sure with a full turn to the stop in either direction. I also have the rear swingarm i will try when i swap the shock to an R6 shock. Unfortunately i cant use the swingarm due to some cracks.
                        Very interesting !!! You may have just struck gold !
                        Kat-11 owners, are you paying attention here ?

Comment

Last edited by shpielers; 07-23-2017, 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Keep in mind i probably dropped about 130 lbs having the 600 motor. Im not sure how well this combo would act with a truly heavier bike.... or even the current bike lol. Also it was a post from shpielers that really put the two together... not me lol
                            Last edited by Mrontime; 07-23-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

You can swap a GSXR rear wheel pretty easily. Its just a few washers.

Comment

Working...
                              X