No announcement yet.
X

CBR 1000 for $3K thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike prices must be a heck of alot better stateside than they are up here. Up here the same bike's asking price is anywhere from $3500 - $4800 ( I just checked)..... and that's not the Repsol edition.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Ya bikes aren't too bad here, although I haven't seen any 929s under $3K in my area. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...
      --

Comment

Nino that honda is not a real repsol either. It is just fairings.

But yes prices are quite a bit higher north of the border.
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I may have to take you bike shopping with me Andy. I'll let you do all the talking. That might work!
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I am a haggler at heart. But at the sametime people normally ask way to much for their stuff. Emotion plays into it
            I am a Penn State fanatic.
            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I'm with Andy here...929 is worth 2k tools, gsxr I'd go 3k if its factory clean...

Also, why do people call a 929 a liter bike? The metric system really isn't that complicated. The 929 is hopelessly outdated.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by professorman View Post
                The power difference between a 1k and a 600 is tremendous. I have a 01 GSXR 750, and I picked up a 08 GSXR 600. The bike is beautiful, but the power is seriously lacking. There is no umph until it gets to high RPMs. I now have a 1k, and boy oh boy, that power is addicting. Any gear, you twist the throttle, and it just moves. I am seriously looking forward to next riding season.

That does it, I am getting a bigger bike.

I almost bought an 1100 Kat streetfighter that looked pretty sharp in the ATL area before I got my 600, by almost I meant I wanted to buy and the dude didn't answer his posts. That is how I found out about this site, was a sticker on that bike so whomever you were thanks for that and check your craigslist emails already.

ON topic I think they covered my feelings on it, I have seen some really low prices lately in the ATL area from dealers also, just missed out on a ZZR1200 for 3k in great shape today, someone beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravelife View Post
                  That does it, I am getting a bigger bike.
                  If you are new to riding, you will definately want the less powerful bike. I rode a 92 Yamaha Seca II (40hp) bike for a year before I got my katana. I have been riding since 2006. I am now addicted to the power, but I never lost the lessons learnt riding a bike with less power. I learnt how to be connected to the road, and read the signs, riding defensively, before I ever thought about going to more power than I can manage.
                  Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

what did you end up doing?

Comment

Working...
                    X