X

carb orings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb orings

I've been searching for HOURS and cant find anything so ill break down and ask... i have got my carbs completely apart aside from the butterfly assemblys and the small jet things on the air intake side... i want to replace EVERY oring in my carbs but cant seem to find anything..is it ok to buy the reubuild kit for the needle and bowl gaskets and then just use regular black orings for the rest (i.e. choke orings, diaphram orings, vaccum port orings, air/fuel orings, needle slide orings, float assembly orings) and anymore(if any) that i have failed to mention... im going the whole nine yards on this thing... oh and one more thing. the jets im using out of my donar bike have 118 stamped on them..im assuming that this is 5.5 larger than the stock 112.5 jets (they are also stamped and are equal to the factory specs) but the needle in my stock set have the adjustments on them and the needles from my donor bike only have one setting...would it be ok to use the stock needles on the 118 jets? the 118 jet needles have a stamping on them of a box with a smaller box in the lower left corner (my 112.5 jets also have this mark) and they also have 5f104 on them..any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

bump

nobody has any comments for me?

Comment

not positive on the jet questions so I'll leave that to someone smarter than me. as for o-rings I replaced my with a kit from harbor freight. cost like $6 and did all 4 carbs.
      When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Home depot plumbing department has all the orings you would ever need.......

Comment

Generic replacement o-rings won't work correctly in some instances... the sizes are special.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

You might wanna start another thread with the jet questions and see if you can get arsenic's attention. and /or send arsenic a pm. Be sure to include the year and cc of your bike as the answers are different for pre's and post's and 600/750/1100's.

One thing that does strike me is that stock needles don't have adjustments on them, as far as I know, the adjustable ones are only aftermarket. If you have aftermarket needles, you most likely have aftermarket jets as well, and aftermarket jets may have a different numbering system. 112.5 I believe is stock for a pre 600 if I remember right, but arsenic, Kreylyn and wild bill have that info off the tops of their heads
            Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
              , but arsenic, Kreylyn and wild bill have that info off the tops of their heads

Arsenic may have it tatooed on his arse as well
              When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
                Arsenic may have it tatooed on his arse as well
                Very true.
                Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, I don't. But I do have a #4 BSR32SS tattooed on my right forearm. See, there is FAR to much clustered together crap in this thread. It would take me time to answer everything, or read it all, which I still haven't done. So, I'm just not going to say anything.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 06-24-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll start my oring search again tomorrow after work..and thanks to Arsenics amazing carb skills i have my needle and jet problem figured out. . . the adjustable needles i have are factory pro and the jets i have are dynajunk..so those will be gotten rid of and i have some mikuni 115's on the way as we speak. if anybody ever needs anything dont hesitate to ask...i'd be lost without this website

Comment

Working...
                    X