X

Video - Recovering a seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video - Recovering a seat

Ran across this on Youtube. The guy purchased a seat cover, so there is a alot of talk about them. The bike he's installing the seat cover on is a Ninja 500. Seats are not that much different between bikes though, so I thought those who need to recover might find it helpful. The guy does a pretty good job of it for not having any prior experiance.

If your not going for the two tone, you could just go down to the local fabrics store and pic up a solid piece of material to do the same thing. Just be sure to get a good grade/marine vinyl, unless you just like to change it often.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZGTe32ulQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - Review of "Custom Seat Creations" Motorcycle Cowl Line Cover[/ame]

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Pretty darn slick!
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

good deal..i was thinking of changing one of my seats this looks like a nice option
      pveity = 100%

Comment

That is pretty darn good. The seat has the look of having a solo cowl.

Comment

you learn something new every day

Comment

Needed a time counter in the corner of that one. I think it took him a minute, but it sure turned out nice.
            sigpic
            1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Cheers for posting that , (Im suspicious he wasnt the amateur he claimed to be ) But he did answer a few questions i had , as i would have been inclined to leave the last cover on, but he said better to remove.

May have a look if i can find the headlight threads too. I wonder if anyones just used sticker around the edge to change the shape or if this would look naff.

Richie

Comment

Thanks for linking the vid, thinking of trying a similar project but adding gel. That was an informative watch.

Comment

Working...
                X