X

Lowered my 600 this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered my 600 this weekend

Just thought I'd share a pic of my bike. Lowered it about 4" this weekend. It was super easy and only took me about an hour to do myself, with the help of the great info found here.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Wow, that looks real low! You made sure it doesn't rub the tires when the suspension bottoms out right?
    -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
    -My wife

Comment

4 inches? K...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by izzy View Post
        Wow, that looks real low! You made sure it doesn't rub the tires when the suspension bottoms out right?
        I tried to get it to bottom out but couldn't. I dropped the front 2" and it seems to have plenty of front travel. I took my wife for a ride and the back seemed good too, so we'll see how it shakes out after a few miles.

Comment

Looks good. Just curious......but wouldn't you be scraping a lot of pegs and toes?
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

looks real good man....I like it
            sigpicTrust me I know everything! Just ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              Looks good. Just curious......but wouldn't you be scraping a lot of pegs and toes?

that low, he'll actually catch the belly pan before the pegs....damhik

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

4 inches!!!!! uh, you might want to rethink that
                Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

i did 2" and i rub my bottom plastics all the time on left turns and rub my toes every so often turning....what method did you use to lower the rear? i used new bones.

Fife

Comment

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
                    i did 2" and i rub my bottom plastics all the time on left turns and rub my toes every so often turning....what method did you use to lower the rear? i used new bones.

Fife
                    I fabbed new dogbones out of stainless. The front lower plastic will scrape a little on large dips or bumps, but thats par for the course. I dont ride long distances, pretty much around the neighborhood, so we're ok!

Comment

I'd be more concerned about the front...... how did you lower the front?

If you just slid the forks up in the triple tree's, then the forks will never bottom again.... the fork lowers will hit the triples first (not nice).
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I bought mine 4" lowered, horrible i just raised it up 2" its good now. But my belly pan is scratched and my undertail was previously cut out. When i put my M4 exhuast on it scratched it....Lowering a kat is a bad idea, and on top of that it ruins the ride. Raise it back up....trust me

Comment

nice
                          -100% JEDI-

Comment

thats crazy low, but looks cool

Comment

Originally posted by malnevets View Post
                              thats crazy low, but looks cool

+1 looks way cool. Reminds me of a song. "A A A A AAAAA low rider"
                              or something like that.
                              Richard
                              96 Suzuki GSX750F
                              89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                              05 Yamaha WR450F
                              05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X