X

Flipped battery lead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flipped battery lead

Ok, so I'm a dumb ass, I managed to put the battery back in backwards and then proceeded to flip the leads on the battery. So, needless to say at this point my 2000 gsx-600 is dead. Now, I'm no machanic but I'm hoping I can fix her myself.

I found the fuse box and everything looks ok. I tried replacing each fuse with the spare located in the fuse box without any signs of life. I attached a set of jumpers to the bike from my truck and I don't get any signs of life either.

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to give me a few helpfull hints on where to start troubleshooting this?

Thanks,

Matt

You'll probably need to locate, and reset the main breaker.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm familiar with house breakers, I assume it is the same theory. For a dumb ass w/o a owners manual where would I find it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Cyberpoet
        First of all, fill in your ride profile so we know which model/year you're talking about -- there's some serious differences in the electrical systems between the years.

Most likely culprits:
        1. All: Fuse blow. Check all the fuses.
        2. Pre-98 ONLY: main breaker tripped. Reset.
        3. All: Sidestand loose, not engaging sidestand sensor (but it shouldn't kill the lights, just the engine).
        4. All: Ground connector at battery or at the other end of the cable bad.
        98+ check the 30A fuse.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Ok, It is actually a 2001, not a 2000. Where is the 30A fuse? I only see 10A and 15A in the fuse box I have found so far.

Comment

Working...
          X