No announcement yet.
X

Is it the battery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, you don't HAVE to charge the battery after you pour in the electrolyte (which is kind of a PIA though), but charging it does help it to last longer. So if you're ever in a pinch for a battery you can go that route.

I don't make it up north much anymore but I do work out east at the airport.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Was the truck running when you tried to jump it ?
      Originally posted by CHERRYKAT600
      OH YES the truck was running. I never jump another without it running.
      And this is why I asked . Yeah , when jumping a bike , do NOT do it from a running vehicle . Bike 'lectrical systems are proned to fry-age that way ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glad it was only the battery. Ride safe!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

chances are you have a dead cell in your battery. I bought an "el cheapo" from canadian tire last summer, and by fall it was toast.

and be careful boosting from a running vehicle. especially something like a truck which might have a heavy duty charging system. you can end up frying something.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
            FYI, you don't HAVE to charge the battery after you pour in the electrolyte (which is kind of a PIA though), but charging it does help it to last longer. So if you're ever in a pinch for a battery you can go that route.
            Thats what a friend of mine told me after I bought the other one. O well they were the same price anyway. If it came down to it I would rather have the sealed one due to lower maintainence.

[quote="md86"]And this is why I asked . Yeah , when jumping a bike , do NOT do it from a running vehicle . Bike 'lectrical systems are proned to fry-age that way ...

I will definately remember that for next time.

Originally posted by Mojoe
            chances are you have a dead cell in your battery. I bought an "el cheapo" from canadian tire last summer, and by fall it was toast.

Thats what my friend told me too. He said to get it tested and if it test good to keep it, or give it to him to run in his Harley. He also told me that he will buy the smallest, cheapest battery he can find to run in his Harley. It craps out n a couple months and he buys another $20 battery. Kick start 6 volt I believe. I was going to buy a red top but the sealed one lasted me a year. Not bad I guess.

Comment

If you are not in a "need to have right now" situation it is best to let them charge it before taking delivery. Some places around here have a no warranty policy on motorcycle and atv batteries. Once you take it out the door, if it doesnt take a charge, it is yours. THat may not be the policy for all places but protect yourself regardless.
              .................................................. ...................

I see stupid people everywhere, they look just like the rest of us, but the scariest part is, they don't even know they're stupid.

Originally posted by Mojoe
              so seriously.....if you are stupid enough to put yourself in harms way to cheer on an idiot, then you deserve what you get if something happens.
              Originally posted by Range
              I think I threw up a little in my mouth....UGLY

Comment

That's just a really stupid policy. I'd never doo business again with a place like that. I'd have no faith in a place like that.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                X