X

below 2000 RPM's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• below 2000 RPM's

I have a 04 GSX600 with Slipon D&D, K&N and jet kit.
    What would be the reason for it to be sluggish like up to 2000 RPM's

Thanks

because the power band doesnt start until about 7000rpms. under 5 its fairly sluggish. let the clutch out a lil slower while your giving it a lil more throttle... and dont cruise under 5000 rpms...and it should feel a lil more ridable.

Comment

Re: below 2000 RPM's

Originally posted by Flank
      I have a 04 GSX600 with Slipon D&D, K&N and jet kit.
      What would be the reason for it to be sluggish like up to 2000 RPM's

Thanks
      can you explain whats in the jet kit jet size air filter dought nut size????

Comment

Sluggish coming off idle is about when the slides start to open, implying to me that the sluggishness is probably due to DynoJet's carb springs (which are a bit too stiff IMHO). If the kit was dyno-tuned with your current equipment -- in other words, you know your mixture rates are spot-on or as good as they can be for your set-up -- get out the OEM carb springs and put them back into the slides instead of the DynoJet springs.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I followed the jet kit directions and went with the 120 and the doughnut with the larger hole.
          I havent put it on a dyno yet but I think ill try what you said CyberPoet and put the OEM slide springs back in. If that doesnt help ill take it to a dyno.
          But all in all it runs great and pulls good all over except for under 2000 in 1st gear. like I said it feels sluggish kinda like a loss in power.
          I got my new chain and sprockets on last week. I got the RK GB520XSO and Vortex Sprockets (15/50). New brake pads will be here Friday I hope.
          Well anyway thanks guys If you have any more suggestions lete me know.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X