X

Saving up for next bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving up for next bike

I have a 1992 katana 600 and havin been loving it for over 25,000 miles in my first 2 years. Im saving up for a new ride this summer, what are your opinions on my list of possiblilties

Triumph Speed Triple 1999+ (the 955 engine models)
    CBR600F4I 2001 - 2006
    Honda VTR1000F Superhawk

a few others are well liked by me too but these are in my top picks in my budget. 3000ish

the best bikes are all a personal preference, get out there and ride as many as you can then decide which one is best to you
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

This is true...but all three you mention are great bikes.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

why not a grown up Kat?

sigpic
        If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Ya know... I didn't like the look of the Busa's when they first came out, but over time it's starting to grow on me. I might have to consider for my next ride. My only concern is the weight.

Comment

your riding a kat and your concerned about the busa's weight?
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by beachflyer View Post
              why not a grown up Kat?
              From the list of bikes he wrote out, he wants a sportbike, not another sport tourer.

I love the triples, sexy little bikes. There are a few 955i's running around here for about 3k.

The superchicken is a pretty cool ride too, and the F4i is bulletproof and comfy.

It's all in what you want.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I think I would be happy with any of them.. I would be happy with just about anything with 2 wheels and an engine. I think I am going to give my Kat to my father so he can learn what is so great about riding.

Comment

You might want to get an insurance quote before signing the deal on a particular bike. I know a girl that bought a Busa but cannot ride it on the street because she can't afford the premiums (it might just be an issue with her budget only, don't know).

One more thing, I have been told that bikes other than Japanese can be very expensive to repair, you might want to check the parts & repair costs on the Triumph.
                  Last edited by ChrisInTexas; 01-24-2011, 11:35 AM.
                  "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Good advice, right now My Katana insurance is only 200 a year, and parts, cheap as dirt on ebay, labor..do everything myself. Just did a GSXR 750 camshaft swap and put 122 main jets in...along with yoshi headers and muffler, whew, top end has a whole new life

Comment

My insurance got cheaper when I went from the Katana to my Ninja. Stopped having parts fall off on the interstate too.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

just for giggles i ran a quote for a new '11 busa, they quoted me about 750bucks.......................................... ............................... a month.
                        "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

I really loved the Superhawk... but the bikes are starting to get long in the tooth now, and out of production for 5+ years.
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                            just for giggles i ran a quote for a new '11 busa, they quoted me about 750bucks.......................................... ............................... a month.
                            Exactly, that's why I brought it up, crazy premiums. If you can believe this, the girl that I mentioned earlier only races the Busa (dragstrip)! No street riding.
                            "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                              How old are you, how long have you had bike ins and was it all with the same company?

I was just telling my wife I think I want a busa next, then she told me she wants me to have another Triumph again. she thinks they are sexy. LOL awesome wife...
                              '04 Katana 1200 - B12 swap, Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit, 2 bros carbon fiber slip on cut down, 5 deg timing advance, Bandit 1200 rear wheel/180 tire w/ modified swingarm.

Comment

Working...
                              X