X

sprocket cover cracked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprocket cover cracked

Anyone know what could have caused this to happen to my front sprocket cover? Please don't gripe about the super-sized image...I made it large so you can see the details of the problem.

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Hmmmmmmmmm................let's see.........................

Looks like 98+ Kat, photo taken at or just below the speedo pick up..........

From the small dents that barely show, looks like something hit it from the outside...............

Also, long shot here: Could be over torqued bolt, but I doubt it...........

Also, could be chain broke loose and spit out, but damage looks like its from out side...................... There is a cross brace near there, so IF the chain jumped it coul dhave damaged the cross brace inside and IT broke all that cover area. Better pull it off & check........
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

My cover cracked in the exact Same spot. It cracked cause the Allen bolt that holds the star looking speedo pickup right under that cover is loose. And allows the Star piece to hit the speedo sensor in the cover, which in turn cracks the cover. WhenI check mine it didnt feel loose BUT it did tighten about 3/4 of a turn.

Anyways take that cover off and tighten the allen bolt right ontop of the sprocket.!!!!
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seen it more often overhere it's indeed caused by that allen bolt blkpitbull is referring too.

Comment

Working...
        X