X

Kat won't run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat won't run

I'm new to this world of bikes and I got a 97 Suzuki katana 600 it didn't run when I got it cleand the carbs and rebuilt 1 I can't get the thing to stay running I got to start on it's own and run for about a minute the carbs are cleaned and I noticed one of the header pipes are cold after running I'm gonna replace the spark plug in it and go from their I know the carb gets fuel to it please note the previous owner treated this bike like shit and had installed a button to bypass the starter button

How did you clean the carbs?
    How are you sure your getting fuel to the carbs?
    I ask because it IS a carb/fuel issue.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1, how did you clean the carbs?
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I know it's cleaned I tore it apart down to a bare housing (I've rebuilt car and truck carbs my hole life) I've cleaned the jets soaked everything with carb cleaner and used pressurized cleaner and air to blow out any debris I put it back together the way it came apart it was missing on of the needle ring that sits on top but under the spring so it got a rebuild and I know it gets fuel cause the bowls are full and I know the jets are clean cause I could see through them with no blockage but then again I know it's a bike and not a vehicle

Comment

How long did you soak the carb bodies for? These guys typically need 24 hours or more.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Iv found the best tool for cleaning all the small holes is a smallset guitar string and also a welding tip cleaning tool they come in a deal alot like a Allen wrench set pocket knife lookin deal just always make sure you use the wire smaller than the whole never the same size as ypu could inadvertently make the hole bigger causing more problems

Comment

Working...
            X