X

Where do these vacuum lines go? - '94 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do these vacuum lines go? - '94 600

When I took the carbs off the bike I found 2 long vacuum looking lines just laying on top of the starter, not connected to anything on either end. I presume they're vent lines of some sort as one end is routed down. I'd presume the other end is supposed to attach to the carbs somewhere, but I'm unclear on where that would be... Where exactly do I put the *other* end of these 2 during reinstall?

Originally posted by 1LE View Post
    When I took the carbs off the bike I found 2 long vacuum looking lines just laying on top of the starter, not connected to anything on either end. I presume they're vent lines of some sort as one end is routed down. I'd presume the other end is supposed to attach to the carbs somewhere, but I'm unclear on where that would be... Where exactly do I put the *other* end of these 2 during reinstall?
    On the carbs between 1-2 and 3-4 at the top is a T. Those would have vent lines like that. Other end just terminates under bike, not capped or plugged into anything.

The fuel tank should also have 2 lines like that.... generally slightly smaller in diam, so if they won't plug onto the carbs, check the tank.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      On the carbs between 1-2 and 3-4 at the top is a T. Those would have vent lines like that. Other end just terminates under bike, not capped or plugged into anything.

The fuel tank should also have 2 lines like that.... generally slightly smaller in diam, so if they won't plug onto the carbs, check the tank.

Krey
      Ah, OK. These must go to the tank then.

Apparently I'm totally missing the vent lines for the top carb T's then. Unless this new set of "fuel lines" I got is actually for that... They don't look anything like the fuel lines that were on the bike before (about 3x longer and have a 90 degree bend at one end vs the old ones which were straight and one had an in-line filter)...

Comment

Confirmed all my part numbers today. My new fuel lines just don't happen to look anything like the old ones, perhaps a previous owner modified the bike fuel line arrangement. Need to order the vacuum lines to the Ts as they're just plain missing. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X