Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Frame Slider Brackets - Braunstein82 brackets still around?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Slider Brackets - Braunstein82 brackets still around?

So I almost dropped my bike last weekend (dropped once before) and I decided to invest in sliders. I'm considering a couple of options after doing some searches on the forums.

1. Create a bracket. I was able to make one before using aluminum but I dont think it can uphold the 400+ pounds on a fall. And I'm afraid to test it...

2. Members who dropped have reported Braunstein82 brackets as reliable on a fall. Are these still being sold?

3. Install slider directly onto frame. I've seen one case where a 1/4" hole was drilled onto the frame and the sliders were directly installed. This cant be safe right?

These are our only options?

Thanks
    2001 GSXF 600

Braunstein still makes his. They are custom made, so you'll have to wait on them. I can't seem to find the thread, but there was another member that made his/her own brackets they looked pretty good.

A few folks have drilled thier frames. It's an option, but I'm not trying it. Just seems like it compromises the the frame to me. But what do I know

There's a guy on eBay selling some home made brackets. BUT, he says you MIGHT have to shave your fairing. Doesn't sound too appealing.
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I have a threaded insert tool.........looks like a fancy rivit gun. It is used to put a threaded insert in. Then you could put the slider onto that.

But I think I would rather let the plastics take the abuse than to have the frame twisted by a slider that snags the ground.

Comment

Pm Braunstein as they have a design to bend or breakaway so the frame does not take the brunt of the damage if I recall correctly. They are for the 98+ only. I'm with Fasher and will not drill that frame! Braunsteins installed in about 15 minutes and I did not even remove the fairings. I just loosened them to get my hands in.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Try here, http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...asc&highlight=

Comment

Working...
          X