X

Help....oops....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help....oops....

Ok, so I decided to try my hand at making my own fiberglass cowl. All was going well. I made the form out of a carboard box and then filled it with expandable foam. Here lies the problem:

I wrapped the seat in ducttape and then in saran wrap, even with all this protection some of the expandable foam got on the seat.

Does anyone know how to get that sticky stuff off of the vinyl without damaging the vinyl??? I don't want to have to get the seat the recovered, but know that it might have to be an option.

Any tips tricks hints advice would be greatly appreciated.

soak it with wd40 but will need to wash off the wd with hot soapy water after.

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
      soak it with wd40 but will need to wash off the wd with hot soapy water after.
      WD won't hurt the Vinyl??? Thats what i am worried about, something eating or discoloring the vinyl.

Comment

That stuff is real nasty.

I think there are some chemical stuff that is suppose to remove it, but you run a fair chance of damaging the vinyl I guess.

Or as posted on another forum: nuclear bomb and three hail marys should get it off.
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Great Stuff ain't so great when it gets somewhere you don't want it :P

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
            Great Stuff ain't so great when it gets somewhere you don't want it :P

So very true...I see you are another Wichitan...didn't think there were any other Kats around this area...I don't think I have seen too many out there.

Comment

Managed to go thru the tape and wrap?...damn. I got some of it on my seat too...but i just peeled it off didnt do anything to my seat...but then again it wasnt much. That blows though...like a cheap hooker
              "I was not gonna ride a fighter at first, but then my testicles, that's what we men have, told me that if I did not, they would leave. I value the relationship I have with my testicles and so proceeded to rock it fighter" - cannonball

Comment

you should've waxed your seat...
                I dont think it would've stuck to it if you would've waxed it.
                "We are not limited by our abilities. Only by our vision."

-Unknown.

1998 GSX600F Katana

All stock except paint (Hazard "school bus" orange)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WallacE View Post
                  WD won't hurt the Vinyl??? Thats what i am worried about, something eating or discoloring the vinyl.
                  that is the best choice IMO.other type removers will take the dye out,but wd will not on black,do you have a stock seat cover?

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
                    that is the best choice IMO.other type removers will take the dye out,but wd will not on black,do you have a stock seat cover?

Yeah it is all stock except for the things that I have done...I promise I will get some pics up once it gets nice for more than a couple of days...took it out riding yesterday....got her above forty...as someone who has never been on a bike before, it was pretty exciting, my buddy said I did real well and looked pretty comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by WallacE View Post
                      So very true...I see you are another Wichitan...didn't think there were any other Kats around this area...I don't think I have seen too many out there.
                      I commented on your thread on WKSB as well. I'm the one that just bought the 92 ZX 750.

The Kat is coming back. Chain, sprockets, and tire are on their way

Comment

Good deal man...hopefully we can meet up and ride sometime

Comment

Working...
                        X