X

Made my decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my decision

Thanks for everyone's advise, I decided to go with the Vance & Hines SS2R. It arived today and it's now on. I definatly like the sound. + it's actually quieter at idle than the stock one was (with a big crack in the midpipe).
    - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Nice looking bike!!!
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

that's a good sign that its quieter at idle. Is it full exhaust or slip on? how much did it cost you? and did you put it on yourself..how long did it takes.
      06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

nice addition to the bike

Comment

I really do like the sound of the V&H. Seems to have a nice low Grumble. It doesn't look bad at all either!

I really like them decals you have on your bike too. Tape Works?
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Nice lookin ride. Congrats on the new pipe too !

Comment

Nice Kat.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                I really do like the sound of the V&H. Seems to have a nice low Grumble. It doesn't look bad at all either!
                Lou, you're a fickle SOB. One day you'll swear by D&D, and the next you like V&H. As a proud D&D owner I say pick a side and stick with it .

Anyway, the bike is looking good and the new pipe looks great. Glad you're happy with it and it seems that you're getting the bike back together quickly. Good to see you're back in the saddle after your minor fall. In my experience it seems that folks who take minor spills are more likely to be reluctant to get right back into the groove, whereas guys who total their bikes wanna buy a new one the next day (or once they're healed ). Don't know why that is...

Have you ever thought about changing your tailgrab to a black one? I think it might carry the tribal lines and the bottom of the bike together. Just a thought. I changed mine for the contrast and I like it, although my bike isn't nearly as nice as yours.
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Looking good!
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbody45
                    that's a good sign that its quieter at idle. Is it full exhaust or slip on? how much did it cost you? and did you put it on yourself..how long did it takes.
                    It is just the slip-on, it cost $275 shipped from Denni Kirk. It was really simple to install, the hardest part was taking the old one off. The header just didn't want to let go of the old midpipe. I'd say it took at most 30 minutes to take the old one off and put the new one on.

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    I really like them decals you have on your bike too. Tape Works?
                    They sure are.

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                    Anyway, the bike is looking good and the new pipe looks great. Glad you're happy with it and it seems that you're getting the bike back together quickly. Good to see you're back in the saddle after your minor fall. In my experience it seems that folks who take minor spills are more likely to be reluctant to get right back into the groove, whereas guys who total their bikes wanna buy a new one the next day (or once they're healed Confused ). Don't know why that is...

Have you ever thought about changing your tailgrab to a black one? I think it might carry the tribal lines and the bottom of the bike together. Just a thought. I changed mine for the contrast and I like it, although my bike isn't nearly as nice as yours.
                    Thanks alot. I've never thought about changing out the grab bar. I'll have to take a look at what it would look like once i get back home to a computer with photoshop.
                    - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Isnt there jet tuning involved when you get a new pipe or something?

Comment

You can pop the end cap off and remove the baffle if you want itt a little louder........

Nice looking Kat!
                        Ron
                        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                        X