X

Sup, from california

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup, from california

Hello, my name is Moe, and im an alcoholic....... opps wrong group. Anyways i just ran across this site looking for info about the Katana. I recently purchased one for a little bit of nothing, but its going to need a lot of tlc. I hope that this will be a lot like my car forum and have more info than i know what to do with. As of right now my plan is to pretty much leave it naked, but my main goal is just to get it running here soon.

A little about me, i live in westminster,ca and i drive an 02 eclipse. My first bike was an 83 suzuki gs1100 e. The katana will be my first however as far as rebuilding goes. Anyways im sure i wrote more than enough for an intro and hopefully ill get a lot of good info from you guys.

Welcome to KatRiders
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

O.C. IN DA HOUSE!!!
      Big KR welcome from Garden Grove.
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard! Former, and hopefully soon to be again so-cal'er here! Used to live in cerritos, but now in Kodiak, AK. What year bike you got? any plans for it?

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes, its a 93 600. Currently the plans are to get it running, then work from there. I got the bike for 75 bucks (he was asking 150), its obvisously a salvaged title but im willing to work with it. Basicly the previous owner got it to fix but he found that when you press the rear break it also hit the foot peg. Unfortunitly for him the screws to the foot peg were bent making the peg actualy rub on the break, instead of the frame being bent like he thought. Anyways there are only 10 items that are actualy broken on the bike (besides fairings) so it should be running soon. The big obstical is the registraiton (not paid for 2 years going on 3) and i just opened the tank today and found that it is full of rust.

Again thanks for the welcomes

Comment

Reg. can be a PITA especially in cali! You can prolly find a tank in decent shape for a good price either here or ebay. But hope all works out! Maybe can get a so-cal rally going!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders from a fellow noob!

Never lived in the LA area, but lived in SD from the mid 70's to the mid 80's. Cut my motorcycle teeth on the highways and backroads there. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for SoCal!

If these guys and this board can't help you get your scoot back on the road, no one can!
                "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'David, I don’t know and I don't care.'"

2007 Goldwing (Dr. Jekyll)
                1989 Katana 750 (Mr. Hyde)

Comment

Welcome to kr ...im sure you know of parts unlimited in stanton.there off beach bl.1-714-828-6260 its a salvage yard

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                    Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Welcome from Tehachapi, CA

<---- Grew up in Westminster!
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR
                        The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                        http://myspace.com/solsticio
                        www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                          Welcome from Tehachapi, CA

<---- Grew up in Westminster!

Doc, I didn't know you were from Westminster!
                          An O.C. Kid!
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                            "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                              Doc, I didn't know you were from Westminster!
                              An O.C. Kid!
                              Yup - grew up on Shirley Street, just off of Westminster Blvd.
                              THE DOC
                              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                              mistake when you make it again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X