Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Stupidest thing you've seen/done on a bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest thing you've seen/done on a bike?

C'mon, don't be shy. . . Spill. I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

I know a guy who armor-alled his motorcycle tires. No joke - guy I used to work with. Another guy who used to work in my current office bought a Harley and had the brake rotors chromed. Yes. Actually chromed. I'm kind of surprised he actually found a place to do it.

In neither case did the individuals involve wreck (how, I have no idea).

Dumbest thing I probably have done was try to ride to Vegas from L.A. less than two weeks after getting it. I had no idea what I was in for when I figured "gee, this'll be fun", grabbed some money and a change of clothes and off I went. I got almost to the Nevada border and said "screw this", and decided to turn back. Several hours on a bike for a very young/new rider was more than I'd bargained for. By this time I was kind of lost (not really, more like 100 miles from nothing) and it was getting dark. Couldn't really find anywhere good to eat either, so I was kind of starving by this point.

On the trek home I damn near froze to death - that on top of getting blown around by gusty 50-60 mph winds buffetting me (then an inexperienced rider) going through mountain passes - at night. Dumb, dumb, dumb. . . Lucky I didn't end up a pile of twisted metal at the bottom of a ravine somewhere.
    ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
    Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Stupidest thing I've done was probably crash it . Pulled a couple of bonhead (unsafe) passes while riding before . Other than that , my memory sucks .
    SEEN some fairly stupid stuff , though . Mainly , wheelies and stoppies by squids . Downtown . During rush hour . With no gear on .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think mine has to be when I tried to rail my first bike, a 76' Honda 200T on mountain roads. I couldn’t hold it both tires slid to the outside of a left turn hit some pee gravel that slid me into the ditch and then end over end. I blacked out for a second. Woke up with the bike on top of me. I was facing the rear tire and the bike was still running. I got up spit out a mouth full of gravel and blood. No broken bones just a little rash and the taste of blood and dirt.

Ahhhhhh Good Times LOL
      Attached Files

Comment

when i had my dirtbike I was new to riding and on the second day of riding it i mistakenly pulled in the front brake at 40 mph thinking it was the clutch......dumb

Comment

My friend was just telling me that this last weekend, his brother did the Armor All on the tires thing. The WHOLE tire. He was bringing his FZ6 to the dealer for a trade-in on an R6 and he washed it and made it look pretty. Well he left to bring it to the dealer and washed out going around a turn still in his apartment complex. Apparently the bike wasn't too badly damaged so they only took a few hundred off on the trade-in.

Comment

my dumbest move:

Wore a tinted visor and made it home late that night....home being a place I just moved into and this was like only my 4-5th trip down that particular road....and first time at night with a tinited. It had a 90 degree curve at the end. make along story short, I blew past my drive-way, and by time I realized I had, I was at the corner.....doing about 70-75mph. I grab a handful of brake, but it was too late. I went through the ditch, a pile of brush, somehow managed to avoid hitting any of the numerous tress scattered about....and then finally popped out of the "woods" and into someones back yard. I almost ended up in their pool. This was like maybe 10:30 or 11pm.
            Then I had to find a way off the property. The only way out was to "squeeze" between the family mini-van and the house. I had an audience. There was like for 4 or 5 faces pressed against the windows trying to figure out what this motorcycle was doing in their back-yard. I got my ass out of there in a hurry.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Mojoe that is funny...i dont have any stories about myself yet as i am still a "newb", but the dumbest thing I have seen so far is a guy traveling at 107 mph doing a wheelie in busy traffic. how did i get that number. RADAR is so cool.
              "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on a bike....

Ok...stupidest thing I've seen BESIDE a bike. Same thing.

Comment

I'm gonna have to say this guy. Not sure who he is but he can't be that bright if he's driving a Honda.

I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
                    I'm gonna have to say this guy. Not sure who he is but he can't be that bright if he's driving a Honda.
                    Atleast it's a clean Honda!

Comment

the honda has my vote.and those dumb asses that pull wheelies with there girlfriend on the back.

Comment

I tried to do my first burnout on the Katana and crashed into my front lawn. I had done plenty of burnouts on my old GS500f but this has alot more power that i wasnt expecting.
                        Roger

06 Katana 600
                        02 Stratus R/T
                        98 Neon R/T Turbo
                        98 Neon R/T
                        78 Olds Delta 88 Royale

Comment

Dumbest thing I ever saw: a guy riding on the hwy with flip flops, shrts and a tank top.

Dumbest thing I ever did:
                          My house is at the end of a cul-de-sac. Coming home one night right in the middle of my headlights I catch my neighbor's wife (he's one of those dudes who doesn't talk to anyone) out in a tiny little robe for a late night trip to the mailbox. I'm pretty sure there was nothing underneath that robe. I remained distracted until the curb to my driveway reminded be I was still riding. Another foot or two and I would have smashed into my garage door.

Now when she sees me she looks at me funny.
                          Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Stupidest thing Ive ever seen on a motorcycle...

Can't go wrong with this one

Comment

I guess we've all done some stuff that, in retrospect, seems dumb. Never seems too dumb at the time though...

Only thing I'm guilty of on the Kat is lane splitting in heavy traffic going way faster than the cars. Nothing bad has ever happened and I don't do it often, but every once in a while I just can't help myself.

In my younger days when bikes were not nearly as popular as they are today I used to do too many stunts with passengers. Everyone wanted a ride and I wanted to show off. It was fun and they loved it so I don't regret it, but still not too bright. Also just riding too fast for general road conditions on a regular basis was a bad habit.

Dumbest thing I've seen happened about a year ago. Three guys doing wheelies on a fairly busy road. They approach a stop light and the first two guys dropped their bikes for the light, but the last guy wasn't paying attention (I guess) and he wheelied into his two friends taking them both out. Everyone fortunately was fine and walked away from the accident (I stopped and stuck around to see if all was OK). They were wearing gear.

100MPH+ wheelies don't count. I see them almost every time I get on the Florida Tpke or I-95 down here. Kinda numb to it I guess.
                              ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
                              X