No announcement yet.
X

Bike fell over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been using my center stand more and more lately with how hot the pavement has been getting!
    Sorry about your bike bro.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I dropped mine twice when I first got it. I feel your pain. The damage to mine was not nearly as bad as your though. Sorry to hear about that. I hope for a quick recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
        My left fairing is cracked completely through. It starts from the bottom and goes about half way up, and on other parts of it, it is scratched to the black part of the plastic. Should I just buy a new left fairing, or have this one fixed? Which would be better/cheaper?
        cheaper would definately be repair, if you can do it yourself. I just repaired a 20yr old one cuz I couldn't find a replacement. Total cost was $25 for a 2-part epoxy for repairing bumpers on cars, and about $2-3 worth of bondo. I had no choice to use bondo. It wasn't just a crack......it was a "smash" with about 7-8 cracks heading out from it. it came out really good and you would never know it had bondo......that is unless you look at the backside and see the 30 or so 1/8 holes with little spike of bondo sticking out. I did that to give something for it to grip to.

anyway....depending on your abilities, you can repair for well under $100.
        However, if you can find a good fairing for no more than $150 that is perfect and nothing to do on it.....then go with that to save the trouble.
        Don't buy a fairing that you have to repaint. If you have to repaint, you might as well give fixing yours a try.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
          Originally posted by Enforcer
          My left fairing is cracked completely through. It starts from the bottom and goes about half way up, and on other parts of it, it is scratched to the black part of the plastic. Should I just buy a new left fairing, or have this one fixed? Which would be better/cheaper?
          cheaper would definately be repair, if you can do it yourself. I just repaired a 20yr old one cuz I couldn't find a replacement. Total cost was $25 for a 2-part epoxy for repairing bumpers on cars, and about $2-3 worth of bondo. I had no choice to use bondo. It wasn't just a crack......it was a "smash" with about 7-8 cracks heading out from it. it came out really good and you would never know it had bondo......that is unless you look at the backside and see the 30 or so 1/8 holes with little spike of bondo sticking out. I did that to give something for it to grip to.

anyway....depending on your abilities, you can repair for well under $100.
          However, if you can find a good fairing for no more than $150 that is perfect and nothing to do on it.....then go with that to save the trouble.
          Don't buy a fairing that you have to repaint. If you have to repaint, you might as well give fixing yours a try.
          I found a brand new upper fairing for $135, but it is unpainted. How much would you guess painting would be? Just wondering because I have NEVER used bondo, or done any bodywork.

Comment

If you get the paint yourself, much cheaper. Go to colorrite.com and you can get the perfect match paint. Then a quick prep and spray from a body shop should be reasonable. If you know anyone who has half decent painting skills too you could save even more.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

For future referance ...
              When a bike falls , the gas from the carbs usually makes it's way into the engine . Goota put it on prime for a bit to refill them . If it doesn't wanna start , try it with alot of throttle . Sometimes that helps if you got gas on the plugs . You MAY have to change them to get it running again , but in my experiance , not usually . You'll PROBABLY wanna change you oil soon , too .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i guess the real question here is, did u leave the bike in neutral when you parked it? if you left it in first, then i'd say maybe someone was messing w/it, or trying to steal it, and threw it on it's side when unsucessful, or dropped it by accident and ran off. if you left it in neutral then it prolly just sunk a lil' rolled and fell over. get a soda can and stomp it, those usually work pretty well from what i've been told.

Comment

'Always park in first gear and put a puck under the kick.....it works.....

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions. I have put them all to use!

Comment

My guess is that it just rolled. The only time i park in neutral is in my garage,

Comment

Working...
                      X