X

Oops..Bike down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops..Bike down

Me and a buddy were out riding some twisties around Austin. I was a little close to the outside edge about to turn in. The road was real messed up on the edge and it caused my bike to walk out a little. Went onto the gravel and down I went. Had on my Alpinestar leather jacket and gloves. They saved me. Have a banged up knee and a couple scratches but nothing bad at all.

Bike - I took it in to get the oil changed on Thursday. They dropped my bike and scratched up just about everthing on the left side. That is the side I went down on. They are already going to replace everything though. I really lucked out on this one.

Sorry to hear about your bike going down. I can related, although I got off lucky.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

dude that sucks but you made out alright..no injuries to yourself....

Comment

That is some great luck though about them droppin it though. Glad you are ok.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

That sucks. Any time your $3000+ toy hits the ground, it's a PITA.

I would be concerned that the bike has been down twice this quickly though. I've always been told that after a close shave or mistake in a car (or a bike), it's beneficial to go through all the steps and see what could have been improved.

Did you lock up the brakes? try to 'stand' the bike up to correct the rear coming out? did you lock your eyes on a point on the road that you should have avoided? Shut the throttle while leaned almost all the way over?

I'd recommend reading 'twist of the wrist 2' by david(?) code if any of these things happened. He talks about getting into panic situations. I'll say it's improved how well I control a car easily as much as it's helped me with handling a bike. A wonderful book to read.

Comment

Originally posted by thecynic
            That sucks. Any time your $3000+ toy hits the ground, it's a PITA.

I would be concerned that the bike has been down twice this quickly though. I've always been told that after a close shave or mistake in a car (or a bike), it's beneficial to go through all the steps and see what could have been improved.

Did you lock up the brakes? try to 'stand' the bike up to correct the rear coming out? did you lock your eyes on a point on the road that you should have avoided? Shut the throttle while leaned almost all the way over?

I'd recommend reading 'twist of the wrist 2' by david(?) code if any of these things happened. He talks about getting into panic situations. I'll say it's improved how well I control a car easily as much as it's helped me with handling a bike. A wonderful book to read.
            Keith Code.
            The U.S.-
            We might suck at soccer, but at least our babies arent starving.

Comment

that sucks man but its nice that your getting new fairings etc...its not really good it got dropped twice though
              06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Working...
              X