X

Stock Vs Custom decision making

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Vs Custom decision making

Although not a Katana owner (yet) I wondered what would be the $ difference on a stock machine against a custom. I havent seen anything stock for less than $5K however there seems to be a few abused Kats ($1-$2K) out there that would make a great candidate for custom. Stock motor power-wise is fine but cosmetically new paint with modern suspension etc. Do you think it would come in under $5k or be even more expensive?

A clean low mile post kat unmolested can be had for 1,800 to 2,800 .
    I mean a adult , clean ,maintained ,garaged one .
    I like my bikes mostly stock .

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
      A clean low mile post kat unmolested can be had for 1,800 to 2,800 .
      I mean a adult , clean ,maintained ,garaged one .
      I like my bikes mostly stock .
      Considering this is a question listed in the "Vintage Kats" forum, the comparison to a "post kat" is invalid.

Comment

If your farming out the work then expect aprox. the following...

Paint $1200
        Suspension $1k
        $800 in misc. replacement of tires, rubber, sprockets, chain, gaskets, seal kits, brake lines, cables, so on...

+ price of the bike.

This is to make any older bike look/perform/ride like a new bike. The only real difference is going to be body/paint condition. All the rest is probably the same straight up even on the garage kept and babied older bikes.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That sounds promising. The paint will definitely be farmed out and the rest I can do myself. I see plenty info available here so I'm in the right place

Comment

Working...
          X