Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pyramid parts fork seals dust seals any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramid parts fork seals dust seals any good?

Getting ready to do a upper fork transplant . Im looking at fork seals on eBay and the stealership.

Any experience with pyramid parts seals?

Never heard of them.

Comment

Which do u recommend arsenic

Comment

Well, I use the All Balls kits. Only because the come with both oil seals and dust seals. But according to Tmod, the oil seals aren't that good.

Comment

Oh alright. Well they also come with the dust and oil seal, but Kat toy said something about aftermarket seals being prone to leak sooner too. I'll give them a try and see how they hold up.

Comment

It was the Leak-Pruf seals that tend to go quickly although I've never had a problem with them.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

OEM ftw.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by pepceee View Post
                Getting ready to do a upper fork transplant . Im looking at fork seals on eBay and the stealership.

Any experience with pyramid parts seals?
                I've been running them for about 3000 miles so far with no leaks.

Comment

I'd just do OEM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    Well, I use the All Balls kits. Only because the come with both oil seals and dust seals. But according to Tmod, the oil seals aren't that good.
                    Tmod never said the seals are not good, What Tmod did say is they have alot of stiction. They have a very soft compound on the oil seal and have considerable more drag then a OEM or good aftermarket seal. In suspension stiction is one thing that you don't want.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                      Tmod never said the seals are not good, What Tmod did say is they have alot of stiction. They have a very soft compound on the oil seal and have considerable more drag then a OEM or good aftermarket seal. In suspension stiction is one thing that you don't want.

Tmod
                      Meaning what exactly? Cause they way I take that, it means they aren't that good.

Comment

It means they seal too well. Don't you know what stiction is? Haven't you read your Kevin Cameron?
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          Meaning what exactly? Cause they way I take that, it means they aren't that good.
                          Well let's look at it as performing it's job as a seal, It will probably work fine since it is a soft compound. But a soft seal also introduces more stiction as the compound wants to stick to the tube before breaking away and also when it is sliding it will take more to pull or push the tube. If you have both a OEM & All Balls and you want to test this for yourself install each one in a fork leg after polishing the tubes and then feel the difference in the amount of pull or push you need to exert on the tube before it will break away and slide. Also notice how grabby the All Balls seal is when the fork tube is sliding.

So will they seal yes they will.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                          X