• Show
Clear All

02 750 between 42-45 at 6000 ft on regular
    sigpic
    Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I've been averaging about 44 mpg.

Comment

news just in.... 47mpg! I guess highway and local riding do make big differences :-T
        sigpic
        2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

I get 60+ mpg... on my GS500F, with plenty of in-town riding. I have just checked it several times, since I didnt believe it. I would also recommend everybody, to check accuracy of the speedometer with GPS, on a long, straight road, and apply due correction. I mean, if your speedometer overestimates speed by say 10% (as is often the case) , your consumption estimation fails by 10% SHORT !
          I've not done that myself, but I accept it in my case...

Now, should I upgrade to a bike that will almost double my gas bill from night to day ? (60 -> 38 mpg, I assume...) Uhh I must think it over...
          Last edited by tonikat; 07-01-2009, 12:17 PM.

Comment

The man above me has a sick point. Mines off by about 3 to 5 miles. ( speeding ticket proves it... oops....I swore i was going faster ) Afew days later i had a buddy in a car ride side by side and when I gave a thumbs up, go 45 and cruise control it. So we are losing a bit of miles. And to think i was so proud I pushed 4k on the bike, who knows how far it is off

Comment

burning premium highway miles 60 mpg here 96 600

Comment

01 600 Bruning 87and I get roughly about 38-40 highway. Now i do have a timing advancer, carbs jetted and a Micron muffler. I average 70mph and shift about 6,500-7,000. It all depends on Riding style, upgrades ect..
                If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

wow... old thread came back alive...

since last update, my best mpg was 53, all freeway miles.
                  sigpic
                  2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

37 mostly city 93 750 stock sept for +2 rear sprocket i think
                    voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                    82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                    83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

how do you measure the gas mileage?
                      all i do is ride till it gets close to empty and then hit a gas station.

Comment

Originally posted by sanman View Post
                        how do you measure the gas mileage?
                        all i do is ride till it gets close to empty and then hit a gas station.

Miles ridden / Gas used = MPG

Example, starting with a full tank, ride till you stop to refil...

174 miles ridden / 3.4 Gallons on refil = 51.2 MPG

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

48-50 highway, havent really bothered checking around town.

Thats pretty easy going ridin most of the time.
                          '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                            I disagree. Overall efficiency should be quite similar for bikes with similar weight, displacement, and power output. FI has many benefits, and they can be slightly more efficient, but we are comparing red delicious to granny smith here, not apples to oranges.
                            FI is way more efficient- it can give much, much more precise fule /air mixture than a carb.The disadvantages of carbs are pretty obvious form my point of view, when I go from where I live (4700') to sea level, or ride in the summer (around 103 degrees) then again in the winter (12 degrees). In response to complaints of poor cruise range on the Concours 14, rather than simply make the tank bigger, they gave it a special extra econo fuel/timining map for up to 25% better mpg. Rider mag saw a high of almost 47mpg on the highway for that 700lb bike, makes much smaller carb'ed katanas look like gas guzzlers.
                            Oh, my mpg- I have a '91 Katana 1100 jetted, with kerker 4-1 and one less tooth on the back. I pretty much get 38 mpg all the time. On my last long trip, I got 38mpg every fill up despite steady, law abiding driving. I think the weight of my stuff and a duffle suitcase bugee'd sideways on the back (might be aerodynamic killer) made the mpg worse.

Comment

mostly run 91, try to run non-ox.
                              kat- can get 50
                              919- get around 40
                              bandit- get around 45
                              98 GSX750F Kat
                              07 GSF1250S Bandit (her's)

Comment

i was gettin 45 mpg's with my 650.

Comment

Working...
                                X