X

Hauling your bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How tight

I've had to put my kat in the back of my Dakota a few times now (to and from the shop and so forth). These have been short rides (10mi or less) but I still do a four corner strap config. My question is, for longer trips how tight should you get the ratchet straps? One train of thought is to get them snug so there isn't ant slop but not so tight that the bike's suspension can't take some of the abuse. Or do you go all out and tighten the sucker down till the suspension is compressed as far as you can get it. Or is it somewhere in between? Also I am a little hesitant to put any straps on the grips for fear of the rubber coming off (had it happen with a jet ski) but it looks from some if these pics that it is a common practice?

Comment

Compress suspension like 1/3 of travel , I think it is .... And they make "grip gloves" , or you can wrap them with something (work gloves maybe ...) .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

What's all with this?
        To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

If you ain't logged in , it won't let you view a lot of stuff , and that's the message you get .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X