X

Electrical Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Issue

So I just finished converting my 2001 750 to a streefighter. I've been running in my garage all through the winter, no problems. Yesterday I take my tank and front face off to paint. All is still well. Remount this morning and start her up like normal. As I'm backing out of the garage the bike just dies. No signal, no lights. No electrical connection. Checked battery - Fine. Checked fuses - Fine. Checked all connections leading to front of bike - Fine. Any suggestions?

Main fuses are on the starter relay?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

So, are you asking me or telling me that the main fuses are on the starter relay? lol.
      And no I didn't check the fuses in the relay, I'll check now.

Comment

I guess both.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Alright so I'm ready for the ultimate flame before I ask this next question lol.
          Do I just follow the positive wire to find the relay? My bike wiring is like an ant farm right now. I'm pretty sure that's the issue. I turn the key and nothing. I literally started it this morning and let it run for 10 minutes or so before I started backing up and it flat lined lol.
          And thanks for the quick reply btw.

Comment

Post bikes are on the left under the cowling. Pre is on the right side under the cowling. Battery goes directly to it so, yes, just follow the + lead.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-04-2015, 04:21 PM.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

It's fixed.....
              You sir, are going in my book of bro jobs for the future.
              Thanks for the help man.

Comment

dude I have no idea what a bro job is but, I live in the wrong part of cali to be offered that!!!! good, you're up and running.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Lolz. It's a blow job but only between Bros. and don't worry I'm in the military. We say lots of homo erotic things. It's only a simple compliment that I otherwise would have no words to describe my gratitude lol.

Comment

When I was in, it was don't, ask don't tell.... Times have changed....
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

I've only been in 5 years, and when I first joined it was like that. But when i got to my first duty station shortly after I found that is how most joes communicate with each other in a light hearted manner. It's usually just between good friends but I'm sure you get what I mean. I've gotten shot at and almost killed with a lot of these guys. I guess it's just the new way of the army for infantry. PS I'm not gay and not infantry lol. I'm commo in an infantry battalion. And I see now on your profile you were probably in during the 80s and in the Air Force. I have a few friends in the Air Force and the only ones who had the grunt mentality were the tac p we had attached while in Afghanistan. I can appreciate the civility of the air force. It's like a 9-5 job for most. Not my cut of tea though.
                      Last edited by Dunpeal; 04-05-2015, 04:22 AM. Reason: New info

Comment

I was in the Army (field artillery) for 30 years and we never talked like that, ever. I guess i wouldn't recognize the military conversations anymore, but our society as a whole has changed alot since I first went in service and I don't understand alot of the stuff the young folks are saying today.
                        Last edited by retcol; 04-10-2015, 09:58 PM.
                        2005 Harley Davidson Softtail Deuce
                        2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
                        1995 Kawasaki GPz1100
                        1988 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana
                        1983 Suzuki GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                        X